Izotope deal

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I'm kind of at that point where buying stuff I don't understand at even a really good deal doesn't make sense if I'll never really use it
For $50 bucks...................I waste more money than that taking the wife to dinner.

There my be some nuggets for recording in there, especially the mastering software, or it just could be laods of fun

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
This looks like a great deal to me, what do you guys think ?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HolidayBun--izotope-holiday-bundle

It ain’t a bad deal, just remember that the bundle is for the elements versions. Which is, for lack of a better term, entry level versions. Nothing wrong with that, at very least you can get a taste of what they can do and decide if you want to invest further.

I use most of iZotope’s stuff. I particularly like RX 8 Advanced and Ozone 9 Advanced.

I also love their dynamic delay.

For 50 clams, I wouldn’t think twice about this bundle.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
It ain’t a bad deal, just remember that the bundle is for the elements versions. Which is, for lack of a better term, entry level versions. Nothing wrong with that, at very least you can get a taste of what they can do and decide if you want to invest further.

I use most of iZotope’s stuff. I particularly like RX 8 Advanced and Ozone 9 Advanced.

I also love their dynamic delay.

For 50 clams, I wouldn’t think twice about this bundle.
I already have Acoustica mixcraft which has been decent, and it has melodyne 5.........................I have found when you buy the entry level, they always send you decent deals to upgrade, hopefully

Cowboy Bob

I already have Acoustica mixcraft which has been decent, and it has melodyne 5.........................I have found when you buy the entry level, they always send you decent deals to upgrade, hopefully

Yup, I usually find that to be the case as well.

Melodyne 5 Studio is in my template for all vocal tracks. I started out with a free version of Melodyne 3 or somewhere about. Upgraded a few times with special offers. So, yeah, you can usually find an easy upgrade path if you like the plugin.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
A deal?..........Yes......A bargain?
I think it's a bargain if you have been looking for some of the solutions it offers at a higher price.
If you're not even sure what it does or if you need it...........well???

I have some iZotope stuff and it's pretty good but, to get the full benefit of what they do, you need the upscale versions.

Depending on your recording/mixing skills, It might be a good idea to spend some time understanding the basics then, establish your whish list of plugins and gear.

If you have not done so, I might suggest signing up for Recording/Mixing training course before you buy more stuff.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/no-cost-training.31337/

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
A deal?..........Yes......A bargain?
I think it's a bargain if you have been looking for some of the solutions it offers at a higher price.
If you're not even sure what it does or if you need it...........well???

I have some iZotope stuff and it's pretty good but, to get the full benefit of what they do, you need the upscale versions.

Depending on your recording/mixing skills, It might be a good idea to spend some time understanding the basics then, establish your whish list of plugins and gear.

If you have not done so, I might suggest signing up for Recording/Mixing training course before you buy more stuff.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/no-cost-training.31337/
I think the cool thing, its a cheap way to play with different things, see what they do and learn differences.

Like pedal boards, I have been wanting a new one, couldnt decide between the line 6 pod go or the Headrush

Finally got to play with both today, Headrush it is.......................for $50 to play with new software and see the basics how it works and what it does, for me its a bargain

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Right!
$50 aint a bad investment in experimentation.

Finally got it installed.....................then took some old practice recordings the group did , the raw stuff. I really only played with the auto preset stuff on ozone and the mastering software. Huge freaking difference compared to what I did myself. Granted, I don't understand everything it is doing, but sound wise, oh hell yeah.

Cool thing, that I did before and will do again, is use the preset, then adjust things myself to see what it does. From the looks of it, this will entertain me with learning and playing around with it for about 2 years.

The last plug ins I played with, it was a year messing with them, and these are much much better, honestly, I could spend $35 going to the movies and be entertained for 2 hours, $50 for this, I think I will get more enjoyment than I paid for

Cowboy Bob

Cool thing, that I did before and will do again, is use the preset, then adjust things myself to see what it does. From the looks of it, this will entertain me with learning and playing around with it for about 2 years.
That’s a huge thing right there. You can see immediately what the Master Assistant did, and hear the results. That’s a powerful learning aid.

What I found was that what the software did was pretty much what I was doing, but faster. Not always exactly what I’d do in most cases, but a good starting point.