It's official,

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I always give up drinking in January. Lost a stone. Which is probably more testament to how much I drink the rest of the year. The advice over here is to have several alcohol free days every week. I get mine out the way at the beginning of the year:rolleyes:

cheers

Al.
You lost 14 pounds in a month? Holy cow! :eek:

Kevin

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
I always give up drinking in January. Lost a stone. Which is probably more testament to how much I drink the rest of the year. The advice over here is to have several alcohol free days every week. I get mine out the way at the beginning of the year:rolleyes:

cheers

Al.
hmm, this gives me pause.. drink, lose weight... drink, lose weight... Drink wins every time... :)...

jackderby52

I've run a paltry 59.5 miles this month (being gone to NAMM definitely hurt my routine) but have one more day to add to the total! :)

I'm down about three pounds - which is a good losing rate as I'm really not working that hard on changing what I eat - just keeping active.

Kevin
good for you man!! weight aside, you are still winning the game...

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
By the time the holidays were done I had hit 210, doing some exercises and watching better what I eat got me down to 207, hope to keep it in that direction!

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I lost 12 lbs. in my first month. Haven't jumped on the scale since. I find the diet to be key. Too easy and fast to eat too much. Too hard and slow to burn it off. I lift weights in a cardio designed routine that I can do every day if I want to in order to keep my metabolism fast. I hated the lean diet at first. It was no fun. Now I actually enjoy it. Just took some getting used to.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Last edited:

jackderby52

What took days to put on, took 3 and half months to take off!! How's everybody else doing?? It's almost speedo weather you know! :)

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
What took days to put on, took 3 and half months to take off!! How's everybody else doing?? It's almost speedo weather you know! :)
There is no getting rid of that mental picture now! After Career in the Army and pretty much being forced to run daily, coupled with bad knees, running is not part of my routine.

I'm down to 215 now from a high of 305 when I started. I will have been at it 1 year on the first of April.

These last 20 pounds to reach my goal are the toughest yet but I will keep at it.

I work out for 10 minutes morning and evening to try and keep muscle mass and improve body tone. It's all not easy when you get old.

My continued support is there for everyone trying to do this! Remember, if you fall off, you can get back on!

ingog

Started in 2009
For most of my life I have been physically active. Adult soccer, softball, golf and coached HS soccer and golf (and participated with the kids). I've always hated exercise. Jogging, stationary bike, rowing machine- I last about 3 minutes and want to blow my brains out from boredom. I'm only 10 pounds heavier than fightin' weight but that is deceiving since I've probably lost 15-20 pounds of muscle. My goal had always been to never have to put my belt UNDER my belly. Lost that battle. Time for the no carb diet. You can eat like a lion. Beacon, eggs, pork (Atkin's diet, Duke University approved). My cholesterol levers go DOWN, which I find amazing. Apparently I'm one of those people whose appetite is most regulated by my sugar intake. My wife hates the diet so it means every meal has to be prepare for two different people.
It works great, especially for men but most people do not moderate after the diet and go back to high carbo diet and gain it right back.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
For most of my life I have been physically active. Adult soccer, softball, golf and coached HS soccer and golf (and participated with the kids). I've always hated exercise. Jogging, stationary bike, rowing machine- I last about 3 minutes and want to blow my brains out from boredom. I'm only 10 pounds heavier than fightin' weight but that is deceiving since I've probably lost 15-20 pounds of muscle. My goal had always been to never have to put my belt UNDER my belly. Lost that battle. Time for the no carb diet. You can eat like a lion. Beacon, eggs, pork (Atkin's diet, Duke University approved). My cholesterol levers go DOWN, which I find amazing. Apparently I'm one of those people whose appetite is most regulated by my sugar intake. My wife hates the diet so it means every meal has to be prepare for two different people.
It works great, especially for men but most people do not moderate after the diet and go back to high carbo diet and gain it right back.
It's pretty much what I'm doing. It's a lifestyle adjustment. The good thing is I don't go hungry, or it wouldn't work. I don't buy into the Atkins products (cookies, energy bars etc..) my only carbs are from above ground vegetables that are low in carbs. Like you, weight is way down, blood pressure is back to normal, cholesterol is normal and I feel great. I'm not going back'

sloslunas

NM Blues
It's pretty much what I'm doing. It's a lifestyle adjustment. The good thing is I don't go hungry, or it wouldn't work. I don't buy into the Atkins products (cookies, energy bars etc..) my only carbs are from above ground vegetables that are low in carbs. Like you, weight is way down, blood pressure is back to normal, cholesterol is normal and I feel great. I'm not going back'
Yep, Chuck is slowly disappearing...and looks great!!

Steve

PS. So is MikeS

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier

It's the only one that works for me that I can live with