It's official,

TimeZero

Blues Newbie
Jack, I'd be happy to work together towards our mutual goals. I've dropped about 35 pounds since last year, and am looking to drop at least another 20 this year. It hasn't been easy, and it hasn't always been a downward slope, but I'm content with the progress I've made. Not only am I thinner, but I feel healthier, too. And that's really what it's all about.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to figure this out together!

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I was thinking about getting used to an extra 20 lbs. Then at the beginning of December I started not feeling good. Stepped on a scale and discovered that the 20 extra lbs. turned into 40 extra pounds. Now it back to the gym with my cardio weight routine until I lose all 40. The workouts are for keeping the metabolism cranking. The weights training to maintain muscle mass. The diet to lose the weight. I think the diet is about 75% - 80% of the successful result. Have you ever noticed how easy it is to eat 3500 calories? Have you ever noticed how hard it is to burn 3500 calories?

See you down the road! :thumbup:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
5 years ago I was at my all time high of 315 pounds, I cut down my portion size and watched my junk food intake, been hovering around the 250 mark for the last 2 years, really need to take off another 30-35, I quit smoking cigarettes on super bowl sunday and it has been an uphill struggle for the last 11 months.

Carlos
About smoking- after about 30+ years I ended up in the hospital, sucking wind and feeling like I just wasn't getting enough air. Diagnosed with COPD. After a couple days in the hospital with no smoking, the doc told me when you get out just don't smoke the first one- and I didn't. Smoke free since. But some permanent damage was done. Any kind of exertion leaves me out of breath. The up side is that doc tells me that being smoke free this long has me about the same probability of lung cancer as someone who never smoked.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Anyone who has met me knows that I am tall and thin, maybe even cadaverous. I'm not watching my weight, but I just checked and at 6'2" I am 146 lbs. That's about where I was in High School. I don't exercise (unless you count playing guitar and bass) but eat small portions.

Steve.W

Blues Newbie
About smoking- after about 30+ years I ended up in the hospital, sucking wind and feeling like I just wasn't getting enough air. Diagnosed with COPD. After a couple days in the hospital with no smoking, the doc told me when you get out just don't smoke the first one- and I didn't. Smoke free since. But some permanent damage was done. Any kind of exertion leaves me out of breath. The up side is that doc tells me that being smoke free this long has me about the same probability of lung cancer as someone who never smoked.
Sorry to hear about your condition David but at least you have been able to stop smoking. I quit cold turkey 36 years ago. Best decision I ever made.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Sorry to hear about your condition David but at least you have been able to stop smoking. I quit cold turkey 36 years ago. Best decision I ever made.
Well I have prednisone, inhalers and and nebulizer treatments to help. Just have to take it slow for any kind of exertion.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
So far, I've found a great way to lose weight. Brother-in-law showed up for Christmas at my father-in-law's with some flu like virus. That was his present to everyone. I've had it now, since Tuesday. I'm back on my feet, but the damn stuff still lingers on. I'm down at least 10 pounds and still going... and going... ;)

Just letting you know that you don't have to get me anything this year.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Jack, I'd be happy to work together towards our mutual goals. I've dropped about 35 pounds since last year, and am looking to drop at least another 20 this year. It hasn't been easy, and it hasn't always been a downward slope, but I'm content with the progress I've made. Not only am I thinner, but I feel healthier, too. And that's really what it's all about.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to figure this out together!
wait, last year being last week?? Wow!! :)...

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Thanks, I need that.
We're all here to help, but seriously we all know how difficult it is to develop this guitar skill and a combination of practice, to keep your fingers in and a bit of variety to keep the interest up are key. (y)

Steve.W

Blues Newbie
Well it's the end of the first month of trying to get a bit fitter and lose some weight too. I've ridden 524.5kms (325 miles) and have lost the grand total of 200g (7oz). Not a lot of return for effort :rolleyes: but I'll keep going. Thanks to Thatman for the motivation on Strava :Beer:. Going to be a tough gig I think.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I've run a paltry 59.5 miles this month (being gone to NAMM definitely hurt my routine) but have one more day to add to the total! :)

I'm down about three pounds - which is a good losing rate as I'm really not working that hard on changing what I eat - just keeping active.

Kevin

Steve.W

Blues Newbie
I've run a paltry 59.5 miles this month (being gone to NAMM definitely hurt my routine) but have one more day to add to the total! :)

I'm down about three pounds - which is a good losing rate as I'm really not working that hard on changing what I eat - just keeping active.

Kevin
That's what I tried to do as well. Maybe the scales are faulty....;)

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Steve don't be discouraged. Fat will turn to muscle which is heavier than fat at first. If you stick with it and eat a balanced diet you will be amazed down the road.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Spent January cycling and got in 400miles, started at 170 lbs and finished at 170 lbs, then I caught a winter vomiting bug which emptied me out overnight and I lost 4 lbs. A week later and I'm just recovering but still 4 lbs down. I don't know wether to laugh or cry. :(

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I always give up drinking in January. Lost a stone. Which is probably more testament to how much I drink the rest of the year. The advice over here is to have several alcohol free days every week. I get mine out the way at the beginning of the year:rolleyes:

cheers

Al.