It's here!

L

LynnLaFrance

Ordered SWS on Monday after 5pm and received it Thursday!!!  Took advantage of Griff's special offer.  Nice, quick and (fairly) painless process!!!

Looking forward to working the course and see how it fits, compliments, advances what I've learned in BBG and BGU.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
By lesson 7 or 8, my soloing improved immensely. Now people do run screaming from the room... they walk slowly away.

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Ordered SWS on Monday after 5pm and received it Thursday!!!  Took advantage of Griff's special offer.  Nice, quick and (fairly) painless process!!!

Looking forward to working the course and see how it fits, compliments, advances what I've learned in BBG and BGU.

Me too. Still waiting for arrival.

Not very far into BGU, but I didn't want to pass up the deal.  It's not like the material will expire.

R

rlmichael

I just took advantage of the special also.  Glad I did, because this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was getting kind of in a Funk with continous practice on BBG & BGU & the Pantonic scales course.  This seames to be easier for and intermideate beginner ;D.  I seam to be able to play and memorise the tabs quicker and easer.  I think Griff I more through in this course.  I have all his courses so I must like the way he teaches.  I hope someday he nhas a acustic finger picken blues course that I can understand like SWS. Maybe 4 basic finger patterns all broken down like he does in SWS.  :cool:  Thats all folks:  Mike

BoogieMan

Blues Junior

Lynn, I'd be very interested in your opinion of how SWS fits into the other courses.  I am working through BGU and SBS.  I'm on a tight budget and am trying to decide whether to order SWS or wait for the theory course.  Probably others in the same boat...

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I had finished BBG and most of BGU when I bought SWS. My soloing took a major leap forward after the first several SWS lessons. I strongly recommend it. (But then I've felt that way about all of Griff's courses that I've tried.)

L

LynnLaFrance

Lynn, I'd be very interested in your opinion of how SWS fits into the other courses.  I am working through BGU and SBS.  I'm on a tight budget and am trying to decide whether to order SWS or wait for the theory course.  Probably others in the same boat...

Sorry BoogieMan - I didn't see your post.  I will be happy to give you my thoughts on SWS - but it may take a little while.  I'm trying to finish up on BGU - and will fill in with SWS when I get the chance.  One thing that I think I need to focus on with SWS though is really, really learning the notes on the fretboard - since it'll be the 2nd time the topic has come up (BGU and SWS) - so I'm thinking it's probably important.  Smart, aren't I!!! 

But once I really get into the course I'll come back here and post my thoughts.

I'm sure, as you mention, that there are others in the same boat.  I wish I could get all of Griff's courses - and maybe someday I will - but things are tight right now.

There is a possible alternative to Griff's Theory course right now that I've been directed to.  And I believe it was Wayne that mentioned it.  It is...

"Music Theory - Everything you Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid To Ask" - Hal Leonard Guitar Method book by Tom Kolb - with CD.  It is isn't too expensive and pretty good from what I've seen so far.  You might want to check it out - there may be inexpensive copies you can find online.

I would also encourage you to check your local Library.  I've found numerous good learning and reference materials there on Blues guitar and other guitar-centric items FOR FREE.  Anyway, check your local Library - you will be glad you did.

Hope this helps!

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Just curious - I already have SWS, but I did not hear about any specials via e-mail or anything.  Where did you hear about the SWS special?  I want to get the slow blues supplement and the new theory course when it comes out, and don't want to miss out on any deals.

I thought I was on the e-mail distribution list, but I did not get any e-mails about any SWS special. 

Thanks!
-=Jeff

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I'm trying to finish up on BGU - and will fill in with SWS when I get the chance.  One thing that I think I need to focus on with SWS though is really, really learning the notes on the fretboard - since it'll be the 2nd time the topic has come up (BGU and SWS) - so I'm thinking it's probably important.  Smart, aren't I!!! 

But once I really get into the course I'll come back here and post my thoughts.
I'm in a similar situation to you.  I'm working through BGU as well but trying to fill in with SBS which I find to be a great way to learn the fretboard.  I'm curious to know how SWS fits in to the mix.  I'm sure it will take some time for you to get a feel for it so no rush. Thanks for your suggestions regarding music theory.

L

LynnLaFrance

Just curious - I already have SWS, but I did not hear about any specials via e-mail or anything.  Where did you hear about the SWS special?  I want to get the slow blues supplement and the new theory course when it comes out, and don't want to miss out on any deals.

I thought I was on the e-mail distribution list, but I did not get any e-mails about any SWS special. 

Thanks!
-=Jeff

Hey Jeff - I've been told that Griff's emails are often set up so as NOT to bombard us with all his offerings, depending on when we are signed up on his mailing list.  This way he isn't being a "Pest" to buy, buy, buy all his courses.  That said, usually someone here on the forum will mention when a new email offering comes along so that if you don't get the email you will find out about it.

Also, you can always check in the ANNOUNCEMENTS area of the forum under Griff's Email Offerings to see if there is a new one from Griff - here is the link - look at page 3 towards the bottom
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1286803147/0

And if you've missed one of the recent offering deadlines you can always contact Griff - if he can any way swing the deal for you I'm sure he will try.

Hope this helps.

giayank

Just another day in paradise

Just to jump in and offer my opinion. I purchased SWS back in July I believe. One of the best things I ever did for my guitar playing. Gave me a whole new perspective on how to solo and how to use the fretboard. I have completed BBG and BGU I am 80 percent through . The SWS course helped me to be more creative with my playing. I think as a complment to BGU it's a great course however I don't think it would be of much use if you hadn't done that course first.

MuddyFox

Blues Newbie
Great info Gia!
I'll definitely be ordering my copy but I'll do BGU first, get started on SBS and then order SWS and probably do it in parallel with SBS.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
I've seen on other posts that SBS is more difficult than SWS, but either way we all end up with them all!   :)

MuddyFox

Blues Newbie
My impression from hanging around the forum is that SBS is the toughest of them all, so to speak. The only reason I'll end up doing it before SWS is because I already bought SBS (even before joining this board) and cannot afford SWS.  ::)