Its here..now what

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Well I am pleased that my Pentonic Scales and Teaching Mastery has arrived. I went throught the first warm ups and beginning of the timing. This took about an hour. This seems like a long time to warm up before starting back on a course. Any suggestions as I know I won't leave this course alone. There is a lot of value in it. I may end up just concentrating on this alone for the next 2 or 3 weeks to get that all important foundation. Just wondering what the rest of you are doing to conquer this course.

L

Lame_Pinkey

I think its on the floor ...somewhere  :-/ - along with everything else in the house  ;D

LP - 'cept my guitars o'course !

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Well I am pleased that my Pentonic Scales and Teaching Mastery has arrived. I went throught the first warm ups and beginning of the timing. This took about an hour. This seems like a long time to warm up before starting back on a course. Any suggestions as I know I won't leave this course alone. There is a lot of value in it. I may end up just concentrating on this alone for the next 2 or 3 weeks to get that all important foundation. Just wondering what the rest of you are doing to conquer this course.

Soon it will take a lot less than an hour to do what you're doing.  I've been focusing a lot on the course and working less on BGU for the moment.  I've really noticed the difference in strength and finger independence (even typing better) in a few weeks.  Will shift back and forth I think as I burn out on the technical focus. 

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for the heads up Vas. I am looking forward to the challenge. I will give it a couple of weeks and see how much I have improved.

LP, I think yours is the one on the floor next to the empty beer bottle. LOL

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I don't use all of the warm ups,  I am using the first couple (example 3 is getting much better). I'll move onto the others when I get good at the ones I'm working with.

Timing is one of problem areas so I spend a lot of time running through the Triplets and 16th's for practice.

I haven't gone beyond that yet I want to have it nailed before I try to move on. I have gone through the whole manual and watched the DVD's so I know what's coming.

I really like the course and it's helping me a lot. These are lessons that I really needed.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I've gotten up to Example 25, but I'm going to go back and focus on the first few for a while. My plan for now is to work on the first 20 examples and "The 5 Box Patterns" (Page 19) until I get MUCH better at all of it. I'll probably put BGU and SWS and Intro To Slide on hold for a while. Between this and learning/rehearsing songs for the band, I think my practice time will be used up.
I've also noticed that since I've begin working primarily on PSTM and my band solos, my fingers are toughening up more and I can actually feel a difference in my sliding up and down strings.

bluzgtr

Blues Newbie
I ordered the course last night.  I am working on the last part of BBG while fine tuning the earlier lessons.  I plan on posting some of these as I have never posted.  I also have SWS and I am working on the first solo.  With the help of Capo, which is a program I use with the mac to slow the music down, I am slowly working my way through that solo.  Looking forward to receiving it.  Thanks, Mike