It was a dark and stormy night...

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
"Over the past 72 hours, California has experienced a historic lightning siege," said CAL FIRE division chief Jeremy Rahn. More than 10,800 lightning strikes started 367 new fires".

Smokey The Bear says, "Only you can prevent forest fires"! Wrong again Smokey. You said the same thing a few years ago, when lightning started over 400 fires in California.

They are evacuating large areas to our east and west. We are in the middle.

Tom

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
They are reporting that California lightning storm over here in Australia. What a shame nobody has ever figured out how to SAVE all that power - we would need far fewer power plants. Meanwhile in the real world, I hope Tom and all over there can stay safe.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
They just evacuated Travis Air Force Base, except for "essential workers". Over 300,000 acres are burning in the State.

Tom

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
News report over here says "Greenland loses 532 gigatonnes of ice in a single year". I think that's a shed-load of water going back into the ocean. Pacific Rim north-east (California) and south-west (Australia) on fire this year. Global warming?

Tom, stay safe. This aussie is hoping you and your family, and your home, are OK.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
When I bought my retirement home here two years ago I knew the AC unit was built by Methuselah over 30 years ago and was 15 years beyond its projected "boobs up" date. But it was running like a trooper and it made it through last summer just fine. This spring I got a "bad feeling" when the power went out for two days and I was living in my jockey shorts in front of a fan and with a huge fan blowing a typhoon over me in bed. NO WAY did I want to go through two weeks or more at the height of the hot times here waiting for the HVAC guys to get a new unit installed, so decided to just go ahead and have it replaced before it bit the dust. Four grand later, I am enjoying a nice COOL house with NO WORRIES.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
It's been raining here for 3 days non stop. Raining soot and ash that is. With a big red/orange ball where the sun usually is.
lg

The good news is, I think today is going to be the first day in two weeks that the temperature will be under 100 degrees F.