It Don't Rain (an original)

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Outstanding! Once again, another killer song! Might've said it before, but I always get a J.J. Cale vibe from your songs. Good stuff...keep it up!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Dude; that is "FANTASTIC"--man----WOW....nobody could have explained it more poetic....Love it.
Thanks Dave.
Funny thing is, as I've said before, my songs are usually motivated by things around me.
I've been lacking in motivation lately but, this topic is on my mind.

Last edited:

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
Outstanding! Once again, another killer song! Might've said it before, but I always get a J.J. Cale vibe from your songs. Good stuff...keep it up!

JJ Cale/Chris Rea . . . sounding good, Cap'n.

PS: It would be interesting to hear it with a Cajon track.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Another little gem Moto. That is beautifully recorded, played and sung. A very listenable piece indeed.

Glad to hear you're up and running again.(y)(y)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
awesome.......I have been re-listening to your stuff to get better at ( I think you call it layering ?) you always have a great sound of sounds o top of each other

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
awesome.......I have been re-listening to your stuff to get better at ( I think you call it layering ?) you always have a great sound of sounds o top of each other
Thanks Mark.
Sounds on sounds....hope that's good.
This song was recorded with one guitar and me singing simultaneously.
I blended a D/I guitar track with a mic'd guitar track, one more mic on the main vocal.
Came back with a few vocal tracks to fill it in some.

:)

I just updated the recording with a slight remix.
Added a tiny guitar part with a few chords ringing out and fixed a few hiccups.
Strange though.......I put the new stuff on the left and it's moved to the right when I put it up on SC.....hmmm, scratching my head on that oneo_O
"It Don't Rain -Redux"

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
scratching my head on that one
I stopped using SoundCloud years ago. They process your file when you upload it and it loses some quality (and I guess from your experience it can reverse the panning sometimes) but the main reason I stopped using soundcloud was I was being pestered by Russian blondes trying to find an American "husband". Hopefully that aspect has been put under control. It was bad for a while.

Eric

ps I used kiwi6.com for quite a while because the sound quality was much better than soundcloud and the social media part seemed to be separate from the music file part but now I don't put my music files anywhere except dropbox because when I upload a .wav file it stays a .wav file

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I AM HAVING A REAL PROBLEM WITH THIS SONG-----:(:(:(:(:(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just yesterday I finally came up with my top 10 Capn Moto hits-----Then he puts this one on here.
WHAT'S up with that Capn????? Guess I am going to have to re-shuffle the deck AGAIN :) .

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I stopped using SoundCloud years ago. They process your file when you upload it and it loses some quality (and I guess from your experience it can reverse the panning sometimes) but the main reason I stopped using soundcloud was I was being pestered by Russian blondes trying to find an American "husband". Hopefully that aspect has been put under control. It was bad for a while.

Eric

ps I used kiwi6.com for quite a while because the sound quality was much better than soundcloud and the social media part seemed to be separate from the music file part but now I don't put my music files anywhere except dropbox because when I upload a .wav file it stays a .wav file
Years ago when I started using Studio One, they had SC built-in so, I opened an account and never used it.
I recently started using it and I'm getting a number of questionable followers.
Funny, they all seem to be ladies with no music files...........I've ignored them.:cautious:.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I AM HAVING A REAL PROBLEM WITH THIS SONG-----:(:(:(:(:(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just yesterday I finally came up with my top 10 Capn Moto hits-----Then he puts this one on here.
WHAT'S up with that Capn????? Guess I am going to have to re-shuffle the deck AGAIN :) .
Oh Dave,
Thank goodness I've got a few fans out there(y)`
I'll do my best to keep you busy.

Last edited: