Is there anyway to BOOKMARK lessons?

ChicagoNed

Blues Newbie
I'm in my 2nd month here and love the content, but am frustrated with the user interface of the site. Specifically my new roadblock is I can not find a way to mark as a Favorite, as is common in most competitive guitar learning sites, courses I think I will return to, or mark as Completed. I noticed this problem getting worse if my laptop crashes or I quit the browser, it becomes difficult to find where I was.

There's something called Courses I Own, I don't know what that means since I have AAP I assume I can go anywhere within the site. It says I own 4 Note Solo, I remember learning from that course but I hope they didn't charge my credit card additional, I'll have to check, I don't want to own anything although I do plan to download certain backing tracks.

So in sum, can anyone please inform me if there is a function where we can keep track of what courses we did, how far we got in them, which were completed, etc.? Or do we have to have a separate paper notebook to write these notes down?

Thanks,

Ned

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm in my 2nd month here and love the content, but am frustrated with the user interface of the site. Specifically my new roadblock is I can not find a way to mark as a Favorite, as is common in most competitive guitar learning sites, courses I think I will return to, or mark as Completed. I noticed this problem getting worse if my laptop crashes or I quit the browser, it becomes difficult to find where I was.

There's something called Courses I Own, I don't know what that means since I have AAP I assume I can go anywhere within the site. It says I own 4 Note Solo, I remember learning from that course but I hope they didn't charge my credit card additional, I'll have to check, I don't want to own anything although I do plan to download certain backing tracks.

So in sum, can anyone please inform me if there is a function where we can keep track of what courses we did, how far we got in them, which were completed, etc.? Or do we have to have a separate paper notebook to write these notes down?

Thanks,

Ned

Sadly there isn't a way to book mark your place (maybe with enough requests, Griff can have his programmer look into it).
The distinction between Courses you can see and use in AAP and Courses that you own is that AAP courses will disappear if you end your AAP subscription, the courses that you own will not. Remember that in 60 days you will earn a "Golden Ticket" and you will be able to use it to " pay for a course" and there fore OWN it. once you redeem your ticket, the clock will start again for your next Golden Ticket.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member

Thanks,

Ned
That's something you might want to look into using the Practice Generator for. It's under your "cool stuff" link. You can make a schedule, keep track of what is done, and make notes to yourself to refer back to.

Most of the course material is in there, and any that I have not yet added can be added as a custom lesson. It's basically designed to do exactly what you want (I think.)

ChicagoNed

Blues Newbie
Thanks for your reply Griff, I know you're a busy guy. I will try to learn to make the Practice Generator function as a "Favorites marker" and a "Where the heck did I leave off?" after I've powered down feature.

Did your web folks every think of adding the ability to skip back 10 or 20 seconds? What I'm finding is, especially in a longer lesson, that I need to keep going back a bit and watch your fingers again, sometimes in slow motion, and it is frustrating to get the curser to go back just a wee bit.

I'm really loving your classes.

Best,

Ned

ChicagoNed

Blues Newbie
Wow Paleo that's it! I had printed the page called My Courses but that's just the titles of the courses. Could you please direct me to where Table of Contents of All Courses is? I can't find it. Or are you saying I'd have to click the icon of each one?

Best,

Ned

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Could you please direct me to where Table of Contents of All Courses is?

There isn't a "Table of Contents of All Courses".

There's a "Table Of Contents" at the beginning of each individual course's manual.

And you can download the manual for any course.

Download the manual for a course you're working on and open it to the "Table Of Contents" and print it out.

Check off any lessons as you go.

Yes, you could click on each course if you wanted to see the manual for each course.

Last edited:

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I keep a separate bookmark text file and write in the dates beside the individual lessons. Pretty simple and works fine for me.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Griff mentioned the Practice Generator, and that's what I was going to suggest. It's a really handy tool to use. They key is that you have to setup your practice schedule first. Once you do that, I think it will do a close enough job for you on what you're wanting. You just go into the schedule and click the blue icon and it'll take you right to the lesson.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Thanks for your reply Griff, I know you're a busy guy. I will try to learn to make the Practice Generator function as a "Favorites marker" and a "Where the heck did I leave off?" after I've powered down feature.

Did your web folks every think of adding the ability to skip back 10 or 20 seconds? What I'm finding is, especially in a longer lesson, that I need to keep going back a bit and watch your fingers again, sometimes in slow motion, and it is frustrating to get the curser to go back just a wee bit.

I'm really loving your classes.

Best,

Ned
Great suggestion, I have found myself wanting the same thing. I'll see if it's an option.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
If you are five years old, you will not have a problem remembering where you left off. Now, if you are my age, a piece of chalk is required, and a nice blank wall to write on is most beneficial! :)

Tom

Elio

Student Of The Blues

Thanks,

Ned

If you are an AAP member, you can access everything, but cannot download the materials (other than the manual PDF). If you purchase the course, the materials can be downloaded to your local computer. You can own a course either by purchasing it or using one of the golden tickets that you get every 60 days.

I was also going to suggest the Practice Generator as an option for tracking your progress in a course, but Griff and others already beat me to it.