Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Are you talking about triplets? :D

facepalm.png

You've been single too long!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
If you count the triplets 1&2&3&

the 2& is right in the middle of the beat, so is the right place for a straight, non-shuffle feel

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well the audio levels seemed fine on the computer where I recorded it. But clicking on the link on a different computer, the level is really low. If it's a problem let me know and I'll try to fix it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Here's some audio. I played the triplets with my right hand and straight 8ths with left, slapping knees. Knees kevin!

3 over 2 audio

Thanks David. I think I'm going to have to whip something up in Guitar Pro so I can figure this out a little better.

Man, I set that up with a kick drum doing quarter notes and a snare going quarter note trips. I'm gonna have to work on that one for a while before I can do it.

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Quarter notes vs. quarter triplets should have the same feel. I just tend to think in straight 8ths vs. triplet 8ths. Can you record the output of Guitar Pro?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Quarter notes vs. quarter triplets should have the same feel. I just tend to think in straight 8ths vs. triplet 8ths. Can you record the output of Guitar Pro?

Yep.
Two measures (eight beats) of quarter notes, two measures of quarter trips, four measures combined.
Then two more measures of quarter notes, one measure of 8th trips, one measure combined.
One measure of straight 8th. One measure of 8th trips. Two measures combined.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/168818512/Straights and trips.mp3

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Yep.
Two measures (eight beats) of quarter notes, two measures of quarter trips, four measures combined.
Then two more measures of quarter notes, one measure of 8th trips, one measure combined.
One measure of straight 8th. One measure of 8th trips. Two measures combined.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/168818512/Straights and trips.mp3
So I was thinking 8ths, but it was a SLOW blues. So your Quarter note and quarter trips combined sounds like my recording with two hands. Agreed?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
So I was thinking 8ths, but it was a SLOW blues. So your Quarter note and quarter trips combined sounds like my recording with two hands. Agreed?

Definitely, and I'm relatively certain I can't duplicate that with my two hands right now.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
In that post there are two items that display- one Woody Woodpecker and one on goals. At the bottom of the post (for me) there is another attachment that. if you click, is Donald Trump's face painted around a urinal. If you didn't see that, OK but that's what I was referring to. So will the moderators delete it?