IRig for android

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Is there a comparable interface for an android, like the IRig is for the I Phone?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigua/

It's the Android equivalent for iRig.

You won't see many devices that need real time processing for the android because it spends most of its processing power collecting data for Google leaving very little for real time data. The iRig UA gets around that by doing the processing in the unit instead of in the Android device.

When I worked for Chrysler they were trying to replace the old Motorola RFID units in the HiLo's in the assembly plants with Android tablets but the latency was much too high. They were basically unusable. When iPads were tested there was no problem except each unit was 5x more expensive. It was odd that the Android's had almost twice the processor speed but couldn't keep up with the real time data. That's when it was discovered what the Android does under the covers.

I use the iRig Pro its great. I've never used the iRig UA.

I hope that helps.

Eric

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Another option is one that I use. I've got a Zoom U-24 that I have a USB-B to USB-C cable that I run to my phone. You don't get any version of Amplitube with it, and, although I haven't tried, I'm pretty certain that you can't record over a jam track like you can with Garage Band on an Apple product. On the upside, the Zoom has 2 inputs, so you can do guitar and vocal or 2 guitars or 2 mics or whatever you want so long as it's limited to the the 2 inputs. I actually got it as a basic interface to use with my laptop, and then realized that, with the right cable I could use it with my phone too.

Until Eric's post, I can honestly say that I didn't realize that iRig had a version for Android.