Infinity Hall Open Mic

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Went to the Infinity Hall open mic in Norfolk Ct. I've been there a few times. It's mostly solo acoustic but can also be electric or even rap. Anyway, I got up to play with a borrowed bass with a guy I had just met. He was quite good on acoustic and vocals. The first song was The Weight, and I tried to contribute some harmonies.Then a couple of bluesey things that might have been original, certainly not "standards".

On a couple of songs he brought up a guy with a "squeeze box", not a fullsize accordion, maybe a concertina- I don't know.

That was the first time I have played there. Still getting up the nerve to do a few solo acoustic songs.

LosBassMan

"Bottom Feeding since 1996"
The bass I played was basically a Jazz style body, but had 2 humbuckers and a control plate with 4 knobs. I have never seen anything like it. It did say Fender on the headstock

Did it look like this?
Carlos Jazz Bass.jpg
Fender modern player Jazz bass, great playing bass, my first bass with flat wounds!

Carlos

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Hard to tell, I don't see four knobs. OK, maybe I do. The knob closest to the strings was a pickup selector. The owner had it set up with a very trebley tone,which isn't my thing

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That was probably it but I still have no clue what the 4 knobs do. I will take my JBass next time.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I've tried one once in a store so my recollection is a bit vague, but I remember one of the knob would select different pickup combination including some split (only 1/2 the humbucker for single coil sound).
The other 3 are Volume Volume Tone like a regular jazz bass.

For some reason I remember it being less trebly that a regular jazz bass, although the controls got you a lot of tonal territory so it wouldn't be hard to find something you'd like.