I'm damn envious of you retired punks!

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
My very first and very last recording. I thought that his might be appropriate? Please forgive the many imperfections...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ9DQr1vLEE

Steve

PS. There is nothing fancy about this. Only I take and zero effects...it was played on my Martin through a Blues Junior.

HA! I GOTCHA! You are NOT the worst guitarist on the forum. And Holy Krap you sing well too!
Keep up the good work, You will post more! (when you are ready).

sloslunas

NM Blues
Alright man... I'll take you up on that some day...
Cheap talk. He has been saying that for years. I will say that his new avatar shows that he cleans up real nice when the pressure is on. I have been trying for years to get his sorry *ss to a BGU Live event forever. Starting to think that never is going to happen. Purty sure I am going to have to fly out to drag his *ss to where the rubber meets the road. Just sayin'...

Steve

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Cheap talk. He has been saying that for years. I will say that his new avatar shows that he cleans up real nice when the pressure is on. I have been trying for years to get his sorry *ss to a BGU Live event forever. Starting to think that never is going to happen. Purty sure I am going to have to fly out to drag his *ss to where the rubber meets the road. Just sayin'...

Steve

I'd be up for a trip to the Buffalo area... just not in the winter. I think we should scheme on this, Steve. Only problem is Jack disappears as soon as the weather gets warm up there!

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)

Steve

Hey now!!!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The Boss says I'm retiring in three years. I've always done what she said, so no reason to stop now! At first I wasn't looking forward to it (I have a very good gig - I basically do what I like to do all day). But now, I'm starting to look forward to it so that I can devote more time to guitar and music.
It's about time! Now maybe we will see you again at some BGU Live events!

DannyB

2 miles from Jim Beam. Oh! Pleasent Hope!
I do, very much so. ........ my move to retirement feels more like unemployment to me. ..............

I'm with you.

I was forced to retire when 3 disks blew in my low back. I was 58 at the time. Forced retirement has not been all that great.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Re tired ment sucks---Believe me, you will have more to do today (Once you retire)--- than you would at work today, but you ain't getting paid.
The beer bill goes up---GAS is non-stoppable---practice depends on how many beers ya had- E-BAY; and the Forum is your best entertainment-the MMC card bill goes SKY HIGH. but the $$$ ain't coming in quite as big as they were before. I will take working over re-tired any day. As long as I get to be the BOSS-which ain't going to happen; now that I am retired. You know the "HONEY DO THING"--:Beer::Beer::Beer:

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I'm with you.

I was forced to retire when 3 disks blew in my low back. I was 58 at the time. Forced retirement has not been all that great.
Tomorrow 12/5 is the 6th anniversary of the day I retired. An easy date to remember.
I was forced to retire too - at age 62 - but it was because I was a pain in the ass, not because I had a pain in the ass!!! True story.
I had sold my company to a much larger international organization - they bought it to eliminate my product from competition.
Unfortunately for them, my customers had a different view of the world. I kept telling management how screwed up they were and how they should be running the business. After 4 years of that, they finally got tired of me and decided they had enough. Slow learners, they were.
Retired I am - and damn happy about it!!

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Tomorrow 12/5 is the 6th anniversary of the day I retired. An easy date to remember.
I was forced to retire too - at age 62 - but it was because I was a pain in the ass, not because I had a pain in the ass!!! True story.
I had sold my company to a much larger international organization - they bought it to eliminate my product from competition.
Unfortunately for them, my customers had a different view of the world. I kept telling management how screwed up they were and how they should be running the business. After 4 years of that, they finally got tired of me and decided they had enough. Slow learners, they were.
A story I am so familiar with! How do you become the "Top Dog", in your industry? Simple! Buy the competition, close down their product line, and refuse to honor warrantees. I have seen that done too many times.

A business concept, business, and products that are appreciated are three different topics. To stay in business, regardless, you have to have the financial backing or know how to obtain it. It is a great headache. You can have the best product of its type, and great customer satisfaction, with positive employee involvement and attitudes, but too many things can interfere with those positives.

By the way, Happy Retirement! :):Beer: We could have a good deal of fun exchanging experiences.

Tom

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Good for you OG on all counts... So can I ask what the product was/is?? Just curious...

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Good for you OG on all counts... So can I ask what the product was/is?? Just curious...
Well, my severance agreement prevents me from talking about it too much, or saying anything bad about the company since it is a public company. But it was a software package that I wrote. The first iteration that resulted in a saleable product took 3 months to develop and sold for $65,000 (future iterations of the product sold for much less). Two major software development companies had tried and failed to produce the very same product ahead of me - why, I have no idea. The product then underwent 10 more years of additional development, expansion and refinement, at which time I sold the company. Because the buyer was attempting to kill the product, there was NO further development for the next 10 years, but it is still in use at a number of locations, as many of the customers simply refused to give it up because it just plain worked. I believe it is quite unusual for any software product to have that kind of longevity with no ongoing development and minimal support, so I am pretty proud of its success. It was used in the transportation logistics industry, an area that I had absolutely no experience in prior to taking on the project. Possibly not knowing what I didn't know was an advantage in this case. :)