If you could have any amp?

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I think it's much too early in my journey to answer this. I've used Line 6 modeling amps for the last decade or so. When I was younger I had some Peavey amps, like the Renown, all SS stuff.

Just now thinking about branching out to tubes.

Relying on reviews, or others opinions doesn't work because everyone likes something different. What might be your dream amp, might be someone else's last choice.

Hard to make a choice when I haven't found "the one" yet.

Now... Let's talk about the contest where you win one of each!
YES!
TUBES
(y)

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
This may not be in the spirit of the OP, but it's the God's honest truth. I have a multitude of tube and solid state amps and any one of them is more than adequate at making me sound fully the beginner I feel like.
That being said, I'd go for the most expensive one I could find, sell it, buy a new Ford F-150, a new toy hauler trailer and take my motorcycle an amp and a guitar and drive way up into the mountains where nobody could hear me for about a year, and woodshed.
By the time I came back I may regret selling that Dumble, but right now?....not so much. shrug-smiley (50x50) (2).jpg

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
This may not be in the spirit of the OP, but it's the God's honest truth. I have a multitude of tube and solid state amps and any one of them is more than adequate at making me sound fully the beginner I feel like.
That being said, I'd go for the most expensive one I could find, sell it, buy a new Ford F-150, a new toy hauler trailer and take my motorcycle an amp and a guitar and drive way up into the mountains where nobody could hear me for about a year, and woodshed.
By the time I came back I may regret selling that Dumble, but right now?....not so much. View attachment 10169
I've been way up in the mountains for five long years! It's helped, but still hard to find the time to woodshed