If this one doesn't scare away the new guys... - Complete

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Nothing will:whistle:. I ran across this Johnny Winter inspired backing track in A this evening and decided to give it a shot. It is about twice as fast as I have any business playing, but sometimes you just need to push yourself and see if you fall off the cliff. I'll be alright, nothing more than a a few sprains, bruises and puncture wounds from my fall:eek::eek::eek:. Here it is for you all to hear and get in line to take the jump. I tried to hang in until 1:48. Plenty of room left for more brave souls.

Johnny Winter in A

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Damn, TZ! You must have been getting tired of my slow tracks. Did you grease your fingers to get them to move that fast? Sounded great, but I think I may need a nap before I attempt anything that ambitious.

Napping... and RECORDING

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

Damn, TZ! You must have been getting tired of my slow tracks. Did you grease your fingers to get them to move that fast? Sounded great, but I think I may need a nap before I attempt anything that ambitious.

Napping... and RECORDING
I warned you that I was about to bump things up a notch....or 3.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
WOW!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

TZ - What can I say? You have found your comfort zone.(y) That was superb!!! I'm out of breath after listening to you and Papa!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Papa - Those double stop scaly/climby thingys were brilliant!!!!(y)

Ted_Zeppelin

Glad you didn’t stop sooner Papa. You seemed to keep getting better and better the longer you played. Loved it and I am trying to figure out some of your licks so I can steal them.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Glad you didn’t stop sooner Papa. You seemed to keep getting better and better the longer you played. Loved it and I am trying to figure out some of your licks so I can steal them.
:D If you figure them out, let me know when you repeat them so I can learn them. Actually, there are probably 4 or 5 Winter licks in there (albeit much slower than Johnny ever did them). He has always been one of my favorites. After I did the track this morning, I dug out some transcriptions I had from 2015 of some of his licks (which I based a challenge solo on in 2015, but that's another story). They didn't seem nearly as daunting as they did back in 2015 when I wrote them down.

Truth be told... I played over that entire jam track at least half a dozen times before I decided if I wanted to record.

Thanks!

Ted_Zeppelin

I wish it were that simple, I would need to go to a gym for a few months to be able to keep up with that track!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The good thing about this track is that it doesn’t give you time to think about what you are going to play next. You just need to jump in and let it rip. I have faith that you can make it happen:Beer:.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I thought 'if Arty is brave enough then so should I be'.:) Great effort Arty.(y)
I did what Papa did, and played through it a couple of times to get up to speed, then did a one taker on the strat with a home made patch on Helix Native. It's a bit 'blurred':whistle: in places, but I am reasonably pleased with it. I took it to 5.43.

Thanks for the encouragement TZ.(y)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ltgms81n42k4wmj/Stinker in A-TZ-Papa-Arty-MM.mp3?dl=0

Last edited: