I played in public tonight!

jeffesh

Blues Newbie
A friend of mine is in a blues/classic rock band was playing tonight at a BBQ place near my house. He asked me to bring my guitar so I played along with their last set. It was loads of fun. There was only one song I couldn't figure out. Almost all was I-IV-V and although I didn't do any soloing, I added a few little solo licks here and there. Now I feel like I can sit in on some blues jams without feeling too scared. :)

Thanks to BGU I didn't embarrass myself at all and had way more fun than playing guitar hero by myself!

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
............... so I played along with their last set. It was loads of fun. There was only one song I couldn't figure out. Almost all was I-IV-V ........
Thanks to BGU I didn't embarrass myself at all and had way more fun than playing guitar hero by myself!

Jeffesh - That is a great gig story. BGU does a nice job of giving you all the essentials doesn't it? So cool to be able to just sit in a feel comfortable and to know when to play and when not to play!

Dave

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That's fantastic Jeff. Too bad you didn't record it! I'd love to hear some.

I

ihop

Jeff that is so cool. Must have felt like a million that night!! That is a funny line at the bottom, suburban blues.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Nice report Jeff.  It is an inspiration to those of us that haven't had the opportunity yet.

jeffesh

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the encouragement all. It was indeed a blast. Fortunately there are a lot of blues places in the Atlanta area. I think there is some sort of blues jam almost every night of the week. I will start trying them out next week. I mainly just want to find others to play with in person at this point.

Now I am reinspired to do more recording. I'm setting up a more permanent studio space this afternoon and will start in on learning solo #2!

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Jeff,

I get the feeling that this is just the beginning...hope you have tons of more fun.....later.

cowboy