I Hate Percussion!

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Is that Percussion as in the whole Orchestral definition including drums. Or just the extra bits in pop bands (especially latin) not including drum kits. If the first a little harsh in my opinion. If the later I whole hartedly agree. Excepting the cow bell of course. Who can have it in for the inocent cow bell:rolleyes:

cheers

Al.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
without percussion, there is no beat
without bass there is no groove
without a singer, there is no melody

and without a guitar player............then there is no point

honestly, percussion comes in many forms, from a chord to a hand slap on the acoustic, to full drums

what part dont you like

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
What did percussion ever do to you??

I'm assuming you're just frustrated with Lesson 5 on "Adding Some Percussion"?

If so, just skip it.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.

If so, just skip it.
Yes. I didn't explain myself very well, did I? I'm going to get it. It is just taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. How can something so seemingly easy be so difficult? I have spent weeks on 5-3 slow version. I just moved to the full speed version. Hopefully just a couple more weeks in Lesson 5 and on to 6!

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Well, the Allman Brothers we're a great band from the beginning.

But when they added Nathan Quinones and all of his percussive toys, that's when they became an awesome band.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Yes. I didn't explain myself very well, did I? I'm going to get it. It is just taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. How can something so seemingly easy be so difficult? I have spent weeks on 5-3 slow version. I just moved to the full speed version. Hopefully just a couple more weeks in Lesson 5 and on to 6!
And here we are Ron, 7 years into guitar after purchasing Gibson’s Learn and Master Guitar, and where is the master part? We’ve sure been handed a bushel of the learn :LOL:

You’ll get there. When a lesson frustrates me I always remind myself that I got through session 4 of L&M so this too shall pass.

Eric

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
And here we are Ron, 7 years into guitar after purchasing Gibson’s Learn and Master Guitar, and where is the master part? We’ve sure been handed a bushel of the learn :LOL:

You’ll get there. When a lesson frustrates me I always remind myself that I got through session 4 of L&M so this too shall pass.

Eric
Oh thanks for reminding me how little progress I've made in 7 years Eric!;):eek:

But I appreciate your point! Lesson 5 SARM is, in many ways, like L&MG 4 (in terms of challenge). This too shall pass.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

If so, just skip it.
Percussion?
Paleo has more avatars then a band of drummers.
1-224.jpg