I graduated

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Downloaded BGU2 on February 2, 2020, and last night finally completed the course with the soloing on the porch stuff, which came pretty easily after 2 years of fairly dedicated work. Improving my timing and feel, comfortable with almost all of the rhythm lessons, and learned a bunch of licks through the six solos, writing six new songs to feature them in. A lot of great stuff in here and I'm twice the guitar player that I was before. I'll be more comfortable at blues jams and a ton more confident playing with my pals. Big thanks to Griff and now I'll be on to the AAP and see what else I can work on. I encourage anyone who wants to get into blues playing to work this course, it's terrific. It's a thrill to finally be able to place a burning solo into a song on my own.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Way to go Braylon! That's about how long it took me to get through it too. About halfway through I started Soloing Without Scales too. Also a great course.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Thanks, Mike. I got the blues construction kit and dabbled there a bit, looking at theory more than licks. I haven't looked much at all the courses offered, but from this forum I get the idea that strumming and rhythm will be a priority. Maybe some classic rock or acoustic blues. Deep dives into classic songs that I've played for years look interesting. Looking forward to the next phase of learning.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Congratulations Braylon, and thanks for the posting. I first downloaded BGU2 in November 2020, got as far as Solo #1 and distracted myself with various other things. But judging by your time-line I've got until about November this year to complete the course "On time". I'll get back into it and see how I go.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Congratulations Braylon, and thanks for the posting. I first downloaded BGU2 in November 2020, got as far as Solo #1 and distracted myself with various other things. But judging by your time-line I've got until about November this year to complete the course "On time". I'll get back into it and see how I go.
Solo #2 is where it started getting really fun for me, a great sounding solo for Thrill is Gone.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Wait someone actually finished one of Griff courses? Congrats thats so epic man!!

I wish I could say I finished BGU 2.0!

JazzboxBlues

Blues Newbie
This is great accomplishment, congratulations. This is great reinforcement to others that it can be done with dedication and persistence. I’m about to start the guitar journey again at age 55. Maybe this is the post to get it done. Thanks!

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Well done!!

I purchased BGU 1.0 back in the 2000's, updated to BGU 2.0 somewhere in 2016 (I think?), and I've only completed through solo 3. You're making me want to complete those last pieces.