I got engaged last night...

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Maybe I should explain...
I give out blinky, gummy rings to kids at my shows.
Last night towards the end of my show, a couple came in and the girl started dancing & singing along. When I finished and was starting to pack up, they came by to say nice things about the music, so I gave the girl a blinky ring. She handed it back and said aren't you going to get down on one knee? So, I did.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Last night towards the end of my show, a couple came in and the girl started dancing & singing along. When I finished and was starting to pack up, they came by to say nice things about the music, so I gave the girl a blinky ring. She handed it back and said aren't you going to get down on one knee? So, I did.

Did she help you get back up afterwards?

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
No but fortunately, I was in front of the stage, and I used the stage to help.

Lol, I hear you, Mike.

These days I generally have two conditions for getting down on one or both knees:
  1. There'd better be a damn good reason to do so.
  2. There has to be a way back up that doesn't involve 'teamwork'.
I'll say this about my sketchy legs; they've taught me to be more thorough and circumspect.

Once I decide to get down on my knees, I always take a moment to consider if there's anything else I need to do while I'm down there before "Operation Stand-up" begins.

You'd be surprised at how many "while-I'm-down-here" things I notice that I never noticed in the past.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Lol, I hear you, Mike.

These days I generally have two conditions for getting down on one or both knees:
  1. There'd better be a damn good reason to do so.
  2. There has to be a way back up that doesn't involve 'teamwork'.
I'll say this about my sketchy legs; they've taught me to be more thorough and circumspect.

Once I decide to get down on my knees, I always take a moment to consider if there's anything else I need to do while I'm down there before "Operation Stand-up" begins.

You'd be surprised at how many "while-I'm-down-here" things I notice that I never noticed in the past.

Yep, I have a whole "While I'm sitting on the floor" list of things I do when I set up for a gig & I get REALLY pissed at myself if I have to get down & up twice.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I am approaching the stage that when I drop something, I begin to question just how important it is to me before picking it up :)

I'm already there my friend.

In fact it's gotten to the point where I often find myself making those decisions as the object is falling and sometimes even planning recovery strategies before it comes to rest. :LOL:

BTW, I consider that proof that my mind works better as I get older (...because nothing else does...) :notworthy:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I'm already there my friend.

In fact it's gotten to the point where I often find myself making those decisions as the object is falling and sometimes even planning recovery strategies before it comes to rest. :LOL:

BTW, I consider that proof that my mind works better as I get older (...because nothing else does...) :notworthy:

I have two tools I've used in A/C work for years, one is telescopic has a strong magnet on the end the other has those spreading hooks you push at the top it opens release and it closes, that I am finding very handy these days for small objects I drop, after that I try telekinetic energy, then a grandkid, and only drop to me knees as a last resort

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I have two tools I've used in A/C work for years, one is telescopic has a strong magnet on the end the other has those spreading hooks you push at the top it opens release and it closes, that I am finding very handy these days for small objects I drop, after that I try telekinetic energy, then a grandkid, and only drop to me knees as a last resort

Wanna send me one of those grand kids to set up & tear down my pedal boards for gigs?

sloslunas

NM Blues
I am just curios to know how Marsha feels about your new engament??

Steve