I finally was dragged out to a blues jam

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
During Dennard Clendenin’s visit to Ohio this past week, he got me out of my shell so that we could attend a few local blues jams. Here is some video that was shot for Facebook live by the jam coordinator. Looking at the stage, I am on the far left, my son-in-law is next to me (this was his 2nd jam) and Dennard is singing/playing guitar. We had a great time although I kept my playing pretty basic so my nerves wouldn’t get the best of me. My daughter and grandkids stopped in to watch but unfortunately they were “kicked” out after a few minutes:(. The owner said something about no underaged kids allowed in the bar? I mean they are 9 and 4 years old, isn’t that about the age that most kids start going to bars to see some blues being played?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hopefully this facebook link works…

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Good stuff!
Looks like lots of fun!

I'm curious, was anyone there part of a "regular" band, or are you all strangers?
The reason I ask is because the drummer, keyboard player (who is awesome, btw), the bass player and the dude sitting down all seem as if they play together regularly.

As far as the kids go, I remember shooting pool in a VFW barroom when I was around ten years old, so youngsters in a Blues Bar shouldn't be a big deal.

Glad you finally "broke through"!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Ted Zep sorry yeah I dont see any video.

*** Edit no it did work eventually nevermind ...

Dude you rip it up every time you play all the peeps in Glens Falls were scared of you and your team killed it every time!!

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

Good stuff!
Looks like lots of fun!

I'm curious, was anyone there part of a "regular" band, or are you all strangers?
The reason I ask is because the drummer, keyboard player (who is awesome, btw), the bass player and the dude sitting down all seem as if they play together regularly.

As far as the kids go, I remember shooting pool in a VFW barroom when I was around ten years old, so youngsters in a Blues Bar shouldn't be a big deal.

Glad you finally "broke through"!
The house band played the first set. When we got up to play, there was a different drummer and keyboard player. The only two guy that play all night long were the bass player and guitar player sitting to the side of the stage. since this was my first time there, I wasn’t familiar with any of those guys so it’s possible they all know each other and play together frequently. I will say that they were all very nice and made us feel at ease as newbies.

Ted_Zeppelin

I don't see any links or video!!
It doesn’t seem to show up on my iPad but I do get the video when using my pc. I’m not sure if this is a fakebook issue or some compatibility issue with either the forum software or my iPad. What are you using?

Elwood

Blues
very strange trying to view this video. It will not appear at all on my Mac, nothing. I checked the iPad and nothing. Then the phone and it was not there, then wait, it's there. Now it's on the iPad. Still no trace of it on the Mac. yup, tried logging in and out. No matter, I got to see it!!!

Great video, looks like a very fun time!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer: Thanks for sharing that TZ!!! :thumbup:

edit // and as soon as I post this, poof!, it is up on the Mac too. ???? // and then it is gone again the next morning. Maybe my computer is trying to protect me from FB. :unsure:

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I had no problem on P.C.---I REALLY enjoyed it----very-very good by all. Dennard has that good feeling blues really enjoyed it.-Hope you start getting out a little more.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)-