I finally bought it

markherrick

Blues Newbie
Been traveling back and forth to down east Maine to tend to my elderly mother.  212 miles one way, about a 4-5 hour drive.  Each time I pass through Augusta, Maine where there's a music store I've been going to and each time I've played the same used Strat.  This time I bought it!  It's nothing special, at least not to most of you guys, just a  standard strat, made in Mexico.  looked it up and it was made 1999-2000.  It looks just like the classic 60's players strat  on the fender web site, same color and everything.  Has 9-42 strings and a low action.  I've been playing it for a week now a few minutes here and there and it just keeps getting better.  I paid 399 for it and am pretty sure i didn't get used too bad. looking forward to the Jam in Oct. to get some ideas about set up and such.  Till then it's practice, practice practice!  I'm just amazed at how comfortable it is to hold and how much range in tone.       

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Been traveling back and forth to down east Maine to tend to my elderly mother.  212 miles one way, about a 4-5 hour drive.  Each time I pass through Augusta, Maine where there's a music store I've been going to and each time I've played the same used Strat.  This time I bought it!  It's nothing special, at least not to most of you guys, just a  standard strat, made in Mexico.  looked it up and it was made 1999-2000.  It looks just like the classic 60's players strat  on the fender web site, same color and everything.  Has 9-42 strings and a low action.  I've been playing it for a week now a few minutes here and there and it just keeps getting better.  I paid 399 for it and am pretty sure i didn't get used too bad. looking forward to the Jam in Oct. to get some ideas about set up and such.  Till then it's practice, practice practice!  I'm just amazed at how comfortable it is to hold and how much range in tone.       

Hey, good for you.  A good feeling no?  Glad that it keeps getting better.  Enjoy!

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
A great guitar is one that you FEEL - you just KNOW when you hold it that it fits you - glad you've got one, but... Pics or it didn't happen!  :D

Kevin

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Congrats Mark . I too wish you good health and a smile every time you play it . :)

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Well done Mark. You knew this was for you when you kept going back to play it. Happy you got before someone else who may not appreciate it as you do.  [smiley=beer.gif]

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Love my MIM Strat!  Glad you got one too!
photos.gif

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Isn't funny how those music store magnets work on the human body, they just pull you in.  ;)

Keep having fun.  :)

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Cool beans man!

Strats are really nice.  Some day I would like to get a real Fender myself.  I have 3 Squier guitars and love them all, I would still like to have a Fender someday.

Enjoy!

Bigcat4979

UK Blues Freak
Hey Mark, great purchase. I always say if YOU like the look, like the sound and feel, like the price, then it doesn't matter if its a cigar box or a '59 Strat, its yours and just enjoy........ :cool: :cool: