I Believe - First Recording

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Great job, Pete.   [smiley=beer.gif]  I'm still trying to get through the intro at speed without making a mistake.

Pete R

Blues Newbie
Great job, Pete.   [smiley=beer.gif]  I'm still trying to get through the intro at speed without making a mistake.

I'm having to re-learn the lick on bar 10 because I originally learned the one Clapton plays on his version.  Griff's makes more sense but it's a pain to un-do something once it's locked in.  Keep at it, you'll get it.

vashondan

Blues Doobie

I'm having to re-learn the lick on bar 10 because I originally learned the one Clapton plays on his version.  Griff's makes more sense but it's a pain to un-do something once it's locked in.  Keep at it, you'll get it.

When you say Clapton's version what do you mean? is this a variation of a song I'm not recognizing?

dvs

Green Mountain Blues

When you say Clapton's version what do you mean? is this a variation of a song I'm not recognizing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moAR4Bb2QHI&t=29s

...but also listen to the intro on Strange Brew from the Disraeli Gears album. When you're done there, listen to this version of Lawdy Mama. A lot of recycling goes on in this business! :)

Wiro

Blues Newbie
Wow Pete,

Move up the wedding you are ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
You sounded great , Buddy

Bill

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Pete I've always admired your ability.  You just proved what I admire.  Fantastic job my, friend!!!  I only hope to get this song somewhere in the same galaxy as you.  From what I hear your already ready to perform this anywhere!   [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Outstanding  my friend!  I'm working on this now and your performance, as usual, has got me motivated and inspired.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Smokin' Pete from Memphis Way! :)

I just started woodshedding this about a week ago - am about halfway through (am right before the lead starts in the middle) and just listened to your rendition - you're sounding GREAT buddy!

I'm hoping to play this in early August so I have the hit practice HARD between now and then to have it down as well as yours - thanks for the inspiration!  :cool:

Kevin

juanlu

Blues Newbie
Wow Pete!! Great performance indeed!!! I'm working on this song and hope someday I could reach your level man!  :)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
That's pro quality! Nice playing! I'm glad you won't be using this song for the wedding...your daughter-in-law may find offense to the lyrics!!!