I Believe - First Recording

Pete R

Blues Newbie
Here's my first recording of "I Believe", mistakes and all.  It is what I will use to measure my improvement over time.  This October, I will have the opportunity to play a song very similar to this with the band at my son's wedding reception.  My plan is to have it down pat by then...

https://soundcloud.com/pete-rasnick/i-believe-edit-1-5-26

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Fantastic Job Buddy! It sounded Great! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Pete R

Blues Newbie
Actually, I get the most practice time in when I am moving freight.  Lots of time in hotel rooms with no distractions!

miko

Blues Newbie
Atta boy Peter. Sounds excellent. You can play that live now.

I am not far from the recording myself. I started with this song. I just finished the solo. I have the end to learn. Another 2 weeks maybe.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
GREAT job Pete. You set the bar pretty high there.  Guess I'm better get back to work on that. 

Was that your vocal?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You've st the bar pretty high for the rest of us Pete.
Sounds great.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
That's a great listen Pete your always going to pull an appreciative crowd.  [smiley=beer.gif]

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
That was outstanding!  I am working on this one too, but it's been slow going trying to get the rhythm down.  I don't play rhythm often enough like this, so it is way out of my comfort zone.  You definitely nailed it, though.  I would put that on my iPad for sure.

I really hoped to play a song at my daughter's wedding last September, but I didn't practice enough and chickened out.  I have a goal now for my son's wedding or my younger daughter.

Well played, Pete!

(and my 500th post to boot! Woohoo!)