I am a new member.

RussellThornell

Blues Newbie
Using my smart phone, LG 1, I was able to view and listen to the introduction, but when I clicked on the first and second lessons all I got was the audio. What do I need to do to get both the audio and video?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The lessons are optimized and tested on several browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari...) but they always work best on real computers, second best on tablets and hit or miss on phones. That's not likely to change any time soon (If ever). We've all agreed that we would rather have him working on courses than trying to make his videos work on all platforms.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Hey Russell: Welcome to the blues forum. I like to download and save off on my computer any of the lessons i am working on or am planning on getting to. That way you dont have to be connected or fighting for bandwidth to watch them. Most of the lessons Griff has separate downloads for the guitar tabs / audio play alongs / full videos ...

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome to the forum Russell. I'm afraid these phones are too smart for me, hope you get it all sorted out!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Admittedly, I know nothing about LG phones - I won't be able to help there. The one thing I can tell you is to make sure that you don't download the ZIP archives, only download the MP4 files directly from each lesson. I don't know of any smartphone that can handle a ZIP archive because it has to first be unzipped and stored on a local file system. Many phones have a local file system, but it's hard to find an app to navigate them and they aren't consistent from phone to phone.

I can, however, view the course via the browser in my phone by logging into the member area - that seems to work for me using an Android phone and I've tried it on my ipad to confirm it works with iOS. I don't know what OS your LG uses.

I've logged in to the member area from both windows and mac computers, using various browsers, and confirmed that I can view all of the videos and navigate around the member area correctly using the links provided on the page.

I am happy to try and figure this out if I can. I need to know more details about which file you are trying to download (on which page) and if you can tell me what type of computer you're using and the browser/OS that would help as well. Also, what player do you use to play the video files once they are downloaded?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Using my smart phone, LG 1, I was able to view and listen to the introduction, but when I clicked on the first and second lessons all I got was the audio. What do I need to do to get both the audio and video?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

One thought is to try installing the Chrome browser on your phone and see if that works any better.. I find that it tends to be a little bit more forgiving than the standard Android browser. I prefer to use a tablet or desktop PC, but I can view pretty much all of the courses/lessons I've tried on my Galaxy S9 using Chrome.