HTJBA

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Wow! I guess I should have seen this course coming, given the recent related free material, but it came as a pleasant surprise to me. Three thumbs up! Playing on the Porch stuff was already very appealing to me and this takes the concept to a glorious new high.

Thanks, @Griff! :Beer:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I am probably really stupid but to jam the blues alone i play along using the songs i love.

What is this course about exactly sorry not getting the concept so far?

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
If it's like Playing on the Porch, it's about playing a blues song, by yourself without just strumming three chords all the way through. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Sorry if you haven't heard about it and you are an AAP Member, I've sent out an email about it, but it appears the email delivery is a little spotty at the moment.

It's been available to AAP members for about a week, it'll be launching officially within the next few days.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I'm really digging it. I think in the short term a huge appeal for me is the bite-sized 1 bar licks. Not only easier for me to learn a few of them (to assemble later) but to me the first few have been like a primer in the first two boxes of the minor pentatonic. I'm finding myself going over the first two, for example, and nodding with little flashes of "A-hah!" as I see how one turns a kinda-sterile box or two into a phrase that sounds good. Old hands at soloing probably already get it but I've been a little lost in a sea of notes. :Beer:

Jerry_G

Blues Newbie
To echo others I've been playing around with the new course for a few days and I'm really digging it. It got me to break out the acoustic and remember how fun and good it can sound. It also forces me count out loud which I can always use the practice, play both chords and licks and it's very scalable. It's a winner for sure!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I just went to the All Access Pass part of my membership and started right on in this new course. I've been focusing on licks for several years now and I've got a million licks in my fingers that I can never remember per-say. But I've got such a better understanding of the fret-board so it's all really great! And some of my favorite licks do stick! And I'm creating a few licks up in minor block 4 combining with the Major block 1 - then moving up to minor block 5 or down to Major block 5 and all around those areas of the fret-board. I think we all start combining the Major and minor starting in minor block 1 and Major block 2. What this course might help a lot with are those little fill sections in between singing..... so that should be really cool! This is really fun! :Beer: