How to sing the blues

S

Sigma986

Thanks, Juro!

Now we'll see how many years before I can set it to music.

Incidentally, anyone else who wants to write the score for it is welcome to contribute!

It probably needs some editing to ensure the syllable counts for the lines make sense.

Schnook

Blues Newbie
This is old, been passed around for years... but for some folks it's new and it's funny as all get out (that's the Missourian in me coming out. Sorry, I was born there.)<snip>

Growing up in rural Missouri where American outlaw Jesse James (1847–1882) had lived ...

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I's got missin teefs, broke down old Chevy, an ol dog snorin beside me, crook-nose, crappy job, holes in ma shoes, and I STILL cain't sing no blues.

Mostly cuz I jus cain't sing  :'(

- Broketooth Jonny Seagrape

S

Sarasota_Player

I need to stay off this forum, for no matter what I say, I seem to always raise controversy. Maybe it's best if I just stick to the lessons, instead of professing to be a teacher of life's lessons.

I have enough work to do to just become an average player of the art form I love so much !  :-/

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I need to stay off this forum, for no matter what I say, I seem to always raise controversy. Maybe it's best if I just stick to the lessons, instead of professing to be a teacher of life's lessons.

I have enough work to do to just become an average player of the art form I love so much !  :-/
Excellent plan

mwthetm

Blues Newbie
First time i;ve seen this but i don't surf the net much. 
It would be quite a challenge to write a song with everything in it.

ingog

Started in 2009
Thanks for all the suggestions for writing a blues song.  I wrote one and it went over very badly at open mic night.  It was about what a rotten day I had. There was no wind so I was stuck in my sailboat 2 miles from the yacht club.  When I finally got back to the parking lot my BMW got dented.  Then when I got home I realized the cleaning lady never showed up. I called it the 1% blues.  Where do you think I went wrong?

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Thanks for all the suggestions for writing a blues song.  I wrote one and it went over very badly at open mic night.  It was about what a rotten day I had. There was no wind so I was stuck in my sailboat 2 miles from the yacht club.  When I finally got back to the parking lot my BMW got dented.  Then when I got home I realized the cleaning lady never showed up. I called it the 1% blues.  Where do you think I went wrong?
Anthony:
That's too funny! Blues over no wind, a dented BMW and the cleaning lady?  ;D I wonder what "Willie Blind Dog Fulton" would say about that, Long Island Bluesman?

B

BronwynH

Well bugger it!
I guess I'll just have to take up
"Some of that good old Rock and Roll"
Bronwyn  [smiley=beer.gif]

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
First time I've seen this...Funny stuff.

This one really cracked me up.

"18. Persons with names like Sierra, Sequoia, Auburn, and Rainbow can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis."

Read this post for the 1st. time today ... strange how I picked this one that grabbed me as the funniest and I see STRATO picked it also ... I honestly miss his posts   :(

GuitarPix

Blues Newbie
Classic piece. But not "Classical" 'cause there ain't no way a piccolo player's gonna have the blues. Depression followed by $5 'white wine' maybe. :D

Domesticus

Blues Newbie
The running gag in my family is that when my grandfather started to sing, the chicken in the neighborhood died.
Should I therefore not sing the blues at all or does this on the contrary qualify me to have and sing the blues?
Something like that:
When I woke up this mornin'
I hear my grandpa sing,
saw the chicken were all moanin'
To their lives they cling

S

sequira

That's hilarious. Guess I'll have to hide when I sing the blues. With my voice I oughta do that anyway!