How to build arpeggios

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Hey Griff, I've been very interested in arpeggios ever since I saw a video of Richie Blackmore discussing how important they are. So I've been focused on arpeggios in every lesson you discuss these. I like them and try to put them in my playing when I can as it add something different and interesting. Lately I've been taking my time going through the Modern Blues Soloing course and you discuss building arpeggios and playing them again. So, how exactly do you build and play an arpeggio on the guitar? Not just the basic Major and minor arpeggios but the 4 note chord arpeggios like the dominant 7th, Major 7th, minor 7th, the 9th, 11th, and the diminished arpeggios you discuss in the Modern Blues Soloing course. What intervals are required in a new arpeggio to make it work and sound good? thanks

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Hey Griff, I've been very interested in arpeggios ever since I saw a video of Richie Blackmore discussing how important they are. So I've been focused on arpeggios in every lesson you discuss these. I like them and try to put them in my playing when I can as it add something different and interesting. Lately I've been taking my time going through the Modern Blues Soloing course and you discuss building arpeggios and playing them again. So, how exactly do you build and play an arpeggio on the guitar? Not just the basic Major and minor arpeggios but the 4 note chord arpeggios like the dominant 7th, Major 7th, minor 7th, the 9th, 11th, and the diminished arpeggios you discuss in the Modern Blues Soloing course. What intervals are required in a new arpeggio to make it work and sound good? thanks
Have you looked at the Caged course? Lot of Arpeggios in there

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Have you looked at the Caged course? Lot of Arpeggios in there
Yes. Still not as good as a live discussion with live questions. But as I recall I don't remember seeing a "how to build" and how to create accurate fingerings. One thing for sure, there was no discussion on more complex arpeggios or diminished arpeggios. :Beer: