How this course helped me

People get different things from these courses depending on their background and experience, how much time and attention they give the course, what they are trying to get out of it and so on.

I bought this CAGEDunleashedcourse after the Memphis bgu live because i realized that with three guitars or more guitars jamming together we were often playing the same notes in the same place on the fretboard. I wanted to move an octave but didn't have the ability to do that on the fly. I thought this was because i didn't know enough chords. This course taught me that it was because i didn't know the fretboard and i didn't know which notes made up each chord.

I have only completed about half the course, but at BGU live this week i was able to move shapes up and down the fretboard in various keys to round out the rhythm playing and to give the other guitarists 'sonic space'.

There is still plenty to learn from the course but this one experience and the improved ability made the course worth the money to me.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Yup, playing chords in at least 3 places on the neck (3 shapes) is a very useful skill. Knowing how to find the IV and the V chord from any I position without thinking too much is also very useful for playing in any key someone throws at you.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
and if you move on to having the major scale under your fingers in the same positions when you learn them even better