How do you get the "@xxxxxx" link in posts?

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I've noticed that many posts contain a "@username" link in them when referring to other member's posts, without actually replying to them. I've tried right-click (W10, Firefox here), and attempted drag-and-drop, but without success.
How is it done?

Elwood

Blues
@ChrisGSP ...how's that for being a showoff?

just hit the @ and with no spaces, type the user name. It should autofill and give you a list if there are more than one "Chris" for instance.

The only social media thing I have learned, I think.

Elwood

Blues
Doug demo'd it for you. It seems to be a way to give a person a heads up you're talking about them. :)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Doug demo'd it for you. It seems to be a way to give a person a heads up you're talking about them. :)
Yeah, I use it to get someone's attention on a thread without sending them a 'heads-up' via Direct Message. I started using it with the birthday posts, so people would immediately see the post as an alert when they log in.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Thanks guys,

There's no shortcut (i.e. no flash way to do it in one or two keystrokes) - just the @ character and keep typing the person's name. Cool.

And I get that it's a way to send an alert to someone who isn't necessarily watching or reading the thread, or citing someone on the thread without "replying" to their post.

Get it, got it, good.