How did you get here?

DrKillJoy

Blues Newbie
Well for me like many others it was the 4 note solo on youtube. I started watching more of Griff's videos and finally pulled the trigger on BBG about 3 or 4 years ago, maybe longer. I'm working my way through BGU now (Stupid Barre chords, lol)

JoeLamere

Blues Newbie
acoustic blues course--- playing on the porch is what got me, I work swing shifts and don't see my buddies as often as I would like ….. so
playing by myself a lot...…….. I like the course and has led me to try my hand at things like "Hey Hey" and what not's

Jim_Schmidt

Blues Newbie
I think I ended up here via something that showed up on Facebook. I signed up for the emails, tried some of those lessons, and like them a lot. The nature of Griff's teaching, the technical quality of the presentation, and the AAP make this place outstanding. What's great about it is that there's something for all levels. So much of the other places I've visited are either for true beginners or way over my skill level. There's lots here for intermediate players.

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
As a beginner to learning guitar and a lover of Blues BBG is the perfect combination for me. I’ve tried to learn a couple of times before but never really stuck with it but this course has definitely started me on my journey of learning to play blues guitar and a journey I plan on sticking to

JosephSalerno

Blues Newbie
Getting serious about my playing and need some good instruction so i can here. Living in southwest Virginia i am exposed to mostly bluegrass. Not really my cup of tea. Looking forward to this experience

JosephSalerno

Blues Newbie
looking for an instructor that can break it down for the average person. I love the blues and want to be able to entertain my family and friends. Marty Schwartz is also good, but i like Griff's style.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Getting serious about my playing and need some good instruction so i can here. Living in southwest Virginia i am exposed to mostly bluegrass. Not really my cup of tea. Looking forward to this experience

Welcome to the forum Joseph, it’s awesome having you with us! You’ve found the right teacher. If you are willing to put the time/practice in Griff will take you as far as you want to go!!!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Griff is an awesome player who also knows how to teach at different levels. That combination doesn't come around very often. And his teaching is not just "put this finger here", but gets into why. If that leads to some theory, well so be it.

RaySouter

Blues Newbie
I'm happy to have found BGU while stumbling through the internet forest, When I saw one of Griff's lessons I was immediately drawn to the style of instruction.

Just a quick shout out to Griff saying thanks for all the encouragement that I feel in the daily email blogs. For a beginner (at a late age) the volume of skill sets can seem overwhelming, but Griff always offers something for everyone, a little (to a lot) theory, challenging licks (geared to many entry points), counting (I only have 10 fingers and those all seem to be consumed with other jobs).

This summer I started a couple of BGU courses, and everyday I leave time in my day to practice skills. Griff's lessons hit the marks perfectly (explained in easy pieces) and help make sense out of various 'songs' and note progressions I've found in the basic shuffles. Griff offers great advice, too, like 'listen', so now I try to pick out the elements instead of just letting the music wash over me; listening to the radio the other day I found I could follow the shuffle in Billy Boy Arnold's - Squeeze Me Tight.

I've really enjoyed the short lessons, especially the recent "A fairly easy boogie for you", and my wife even thinks it sounds nice - high praise, indeed!

I was listening to my favorite radio station, Bluesville, last week and what should pop up, 'Someone' recorded by Griff Hamlin and the Single Barrel Blues Band - hey, that's my teacher!

Thanks.

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Surfing around the net looking for blues guitar instruction. Found Griff and became totally hooked on his instruction.

Rad

Blues Newbie
Over the years I have bounced around a few different free and monthly paid internet guitar guys. Along with that I have kept a library of the free YouTube lessons I liked. I realized many of those lessons were Griffs. I just ended my lessons with a live local teacher and thought I would invest a part of that saved lesson money in Griffs’ BGU.

So far, after a few months, it appears to be a good decision.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Over the years I have bounced around a few different free and monthly paid internet guitar guys. Along with that I have kept a library of the free YouTube lessons I liked. I realized many of those lessons were Griffs. I just ended my lessons with a live local teacher and thought I would invest a part of that saved lesson money in Griffs’ BGU.

So far, after a few months, it appears to be a good decision.
Do the all access pass you won't regret it!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Yup, already have it. It was really a no-brainer. I’m stunned how much info is packed into this program and how involved Griff is.

Very impressive.
  • Griff showed up at the regional jam in NY with his bass player Mark and did a couple of mini-shows for us. Just amazing stuff. And later at the bar he's open to conversation and a real mensch (look it up)

Rad

Blues Newbie
  • Griff showed up at the regional jam in NY with his bass player Mark and did a couple of mini-shows for us. Just amazing stuff. And later at the bar he's open to conversation and a real mensch (look it up)

No need to look it up, I was the only goy at any of my wife’s family get togethers. Radwife was the first in her extended family to marry a non-Jew.

Mmmmmm, doing the math, ya, that was 48 yrs ago and we are still together.....ya, I know, I’m old.

JohnTesoriero

Blues Newbie
Hi Im John, and playing for 4 years now, love playing songs like Beatles and Eagles, but after awhile one tends to want to get into soloing and Blues type of playing! Ive tried the Jam play,Guitar tricks, next level guitar etc, but I have to tell you Griff Hamlin and his Blues courses are by far the BEST! Especially Blues Guitar Unleashed beginning and 2.0! What a great teacher and his on screen tabs etc are what you are looking for! So happy to have found him, highly recommended!