How did you get here?

lola

Blues Newbie
You the girl lola. Improvisation is the heart of the blues. You rovk!

I seem to be able rock at improvisation! Even the band members have commented, how do you come up with this stuff! I don't really listen to a lot of blues but we have to remember that there are so many rock songs that are based off the blues themselves!

Telypaul

Blues Newbie
4 Note solo got me on the list a while ago, after checking out several others on line some good some quite misleading and bad.

Griff's teaching method is great, I can't fault any of his stuff.

I finally took the plunge last week and got 5 Easy solos and after trying it out I fully intend getting more courses.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Telypaul -

Your experience is so common here. Griff is a great teacher. I made more progress with Griff in a year than I made in my whole previous 10+ years on my own and with various in-person teachers.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

eclecticwhyzas

Blues Newbie
I hate to sound repetitive, but it was definitely the 4 Note Solo that showed up on a sidebar on YouTube. Prior to that, I had decided to start trying to learn soloing at 63, I guess it was, so I bought another program that taught me what scales were, etc, but it was going too fast on a lot of the tutorials for playing and it lost me a lot. The 4 Note solo made me see Something was possible; then I wanted to see what else Griff had to offer. I got BGU and it took a while to get the other teaching style out of my head and get into Griff's. It wasn't long before I realized I had stepped into quicksand and got lost in that BGU as well as many other courses in his repertoire. It initially seemed a long row to hoe but is has come together and now I can entertain the heck out of myself for hours at a pop. I'm blessed to have come across the Griffster and thankful that he has chosen to continue to enlighten us all with his experience and knowledge.

HotLks

Welcome Eclecticwhyzas! I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind. Especially if it's something in common we LOVE. We all LOVE Blues!

If you're so inclined, make you way over to the "Introduce Yourself" thread so you can get a proper welcome.

Playing Blues guitar certainly is entertaining!

lola

Blues Newbie
You might prefer the 60's necks. They are thinner than the Gary Moore which is based on the 59. I've got a 76 Custom and it has the thin neck. Not as thin as the SG, but it's thin for a Les Paul. I would not suggest a 70's era Les Paul, they weigh a ton. Play many if you can.

So I have finally made a decision! I want a Gibson Goddess. They were made for women. They have stopped production on these because they didn't sell as well as Gibson thought they would. The one I am looking at is $1500 CAD. If I am getting what I want and the quality that I want then price is really not important. They are slightly smaller and weigh in at about 7 pounds. That's a truck compared to my Parker at 3.5 pounds but I do love the sound.

Here is the Goddess I want. It has to be purple!

upload_2016-12-30_21-23-9.png

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
So I have finally made a decision! I want a Gibson Goddess. They were made for women. They have stopped production on these because they didn't sell as well as Gibson thought they would. The one I am looking at is $1500 CAD. If I am getting what I want and the quality that I want then price is really not important. They are slightly smaller and weigh in at about 7 pounds. That's a truck compared to my Parker at 3.5 pounds but I do love the sound.

Here is the Goddess I want. It has to be purple!

View attachment 1981
Looks beautiful!!! It weighs like an SG? I bet it plays well and sounds great!! When do we get to see yours? :thumbup:

HotLks

I like your style Lola! That's a nice looking guitar.

lola

Blues Newbie
Looks beautiful!!! It weighs like an SG? I bet it plays well and sounds great!! When do we get to see yours? :thumbup:

I am on the hunt for one as we speak. There was a young woman in the US that had 3 of them. I didn't realize then that I would want one now. I am on a mission and I won't stop until I find one! There is one on this planet somewhere. It's a quest now. That is my holy grail!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I am on the hunt for one as we speak. There was a young woman in the US that had 3 of them. I didn't realize then that I would want one now. I am on a mission and I won't stop until I find one! There is one on this planet somewhere. It's a quest now. That is my holy grail!
You are quite driven!!! Good luck! I let you know if I find one! :thumbup:

You might have to get a different color?

lola

Blues Newbie
You are quite driven!!! Good luck! I let you know if I find one! :thumbup:

You might have to get a different color?

I have resigned myself to the fact that I might not be able to get the purple one I am after so I wouldn't mind the black one.

lola

Blues Newbie
I am on a new mission now as well. A new amp. Now Orange has just come out with a combo tube amp. It's called Rocker 32 or 35 I can't remember. It sounds just amazing. I was actually looking at getting a Marshall tube amp but this is far superior in the sound that I am after.

HotLks

Oh! Now look what you did! You put a burr under Lola's saddle! That is a fine looking guitar!

Are those carved top guitars?

Last edited:

lola

Blues Newbie
OMG I am in love with that guitar and it's black! 5K is just a tad too much of an asking price. If I did have the money I would buy it in a heart beat. That is just gorgeous! Thanks for the heads up. I have to count my blessings. I have two very beautiful guitars. I am very fortunate to have them. I would love this one to add to my collection. Boo hoo. I am drooling.!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
OMG I am in love with that guitar and it's black! 5K is just a tad too much of an asking price. If I did have the money I would buy it in a heart beat. That is just gorgeous! Thanks for the heads up. I have to count my blessings. I have two very beautiful guitars. I am very fortunate to have them. I would love this one to add to my collection. Boo hoo. I am drooling.!
I'll keep looking. I can't believe that all of these guitars are ridiculously expensive.......... I just thought you would like to see that one! :thumbup: