How can you "cancel" a reply without posting?

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I was writing a reply to a post, then changed my mind. But there's no option to cancel out. So I just closed the post.

Is that the way to do it? 'Cos it looks like the reply that I decided not to post is still there, but kinda greyed out.

Even after I logged off and logged back on again, that unposted reply is still there, greyed out.

Is there an option that my tired old eyes have missed?

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
The grey text you see is an auto-saved draft that the forum software helpfully creates for you after a few minutes. You can delete the text, but that won't get rid of the draft. If you click on the floppy disk in the edit toolbar and select "Delete Draft" before you move away then that greyed out text will be gone forever.

Elwood

Blues
The grey text you see is an auto-saved draft that the forum software helpfully creates for you after a few minutes. You can delete the text, but that won't get rid of the draft. If you click on the floppy disk in the edit toolbar and select "Delete Draft" before you move away then that greyed out text will be gone forever.
Thanks Doug! This may be one of the most under-used features of this forum. Just imaging, a way to type whatever you feel like, without causing wreckage on the thread. Pretty cool! :cool:
the old "measure twice, cut once". Why, I just took advantage of this feature recently, works quite well!!! :D