How Can Something So Beautiful Hurt So Bad

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
This is spooky!!! I just went back on this thread to see when I last posted here. I had to go back seven pages!!!!:eek: and found that it was this exact date one year ago. At this rate of going I should have an album ready by the time I'm 106 yrs old.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, here's a song that I was working on when my computer went 'belly up'. I hope you like it.

Warning!! It's a bit sorta 'meaty' right from the start, so be careful.

Or......, turn the volume up....., IF YOU'RE BRAVE ENOUGH!!:sneaky:

https://soundcloud.com/rickety-brid...rt-so-bad?si=1c234c53819f40c7a62de7acf79c988d

Last edited:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
OMG this song is out of the park wow!

How did you put all this together? Like theres drums and everything wow!!

Are you using multi track software etc? I gotta move off doing my stereo into my sony recorder yikes ...

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Are you using multi track software etc?
Thanks John, glad you liked it. I use Apple's Logic ProX DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). That song has a total of 13 tracks. The guitars and vocals are mine, the Bass is Toontrack's 'EZ Bass', and the drums are Toontrack's 'Superior Drummer3'.
I love ez bass and SD3, they are amazing emulations.

If I was just starting out in recording, I would probably choose Studio One for my DAW. Quite a few of the guys on here use it, and @PapaRaptor has a thread going somewhere with tips on using it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks Moto. Coming from the master, that makes this apprentice happy.:)
OK Grasshopper,
Never forget.....Wax on Wax off!
karate-kid-wax.gif

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Well---well--well worth the wait---Great job Davy. But if you will be 106 that means 126 for me--you got to pickup the tempo Bro. it's not like I am a young whipper snapper like you.:p:p:p

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Thanks John, glad you liked it. I use Apple's Logic ProX DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). That song has a total of 13 tracks. The guitars and vocals are mine, the Bass is Toontrack's 'EZ Bass', and the drums are Toontrack's 'Superior Drummer3'.
I love ez bass and SD3, they are amazing emulations.

If I was just starting out in recording, I would probably choose Studio One for my DAW. Quite a few of the guys on here use it, and @PapaRaptor has a thread going somewhere with tips on using it.

Do you use those plugins straight up or do you run them through a MIDI interface?

I have S1 and EZ Drummer and I've seen videos on running EZD thru MIDI pads and I assume the bass can be MIDI'ed through a keyboard.

Am I close or do I still have a lot to learn?

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Do you use those plugins straight up or do you run them through a MIDI interface?

I have S1 and EZ Drummer and I've seen videos on running EZD thru MIDI pads and I assume the bass can be MIDI'ed through a keyboard.

Am I close or do I still have a lot to learn?
You’re right JP. You can play them through a keyboard or pads, although I just use the supplied grooves, then if I feel the need, I change them in the editor.

I can even play them on my qwerty keyboard if I just want to throw down something simple.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Great job. Excellent tones and playing, everything seems to have its own space in the mix. A well paced and executed composition, there's nothing not to like here.
I love Ezdrummer and SD, and have been tempted to try EzKeys, but have just been hacking it out on my own for now.