Honoring David Gilmour On His Birthday

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I don't think I've been in the VJr in over a year, but I'm going to give this a try since Gilmour is my favorite guitar player (doesn't mean I have any ability to play like him though!)
First I need to figure out some way to record, as my setup is completely different from last time I played, but it's a good excuse to try recording the NACE Pro 18.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1094t2fd4rhkt60/Dm Davy_moto_twonotes.mp3?dl=0

Played take I think till about 7:25
Now I'm a little hot, I'll get better at this recording thing.

Did one take and it wasn't horrible so I didn't try another one, although after listening to it, it didn't quite resolved like I heard at the time. I should have gone another bar. And I need to watch my bends, listening back, some of them are a bit flat.

I'll try to spend more time in the VJR in the future.

I used my Epiphone Blueshawk (P90s) and a delay pedal in front of the amp. I didn't want to overthink the tone, I wanted to jump in and get it done before I felt overwhelmed.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
You did it!
Nice shot(y)
Some times that record button make your fingers go wobbly, you'll get better soon.

Sorry for stepping on your spot.
The usual protocol is to post something like "Recording" when you are ready to jump in.
When you're done either do this "Recording" or just delete the notice when you post the contribution.

Hope to hear more of your stuff soon:Beer:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Moto - Great work as ever.(y) (although after your two recent tracks, I thought you might have given it a bit more of those 'airy' effects man):D

Two Notes - Great to hear you participating. Well done. As Moto say's the 'record' button does funny things to your fingers when you push it, but you did good sir. Hopefully we'll hear more of you down here in the future.(y)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Paleo - Minimal but beautiful. Loved some of the delicate little plays on the chords.(y)

Arty - the 'home brew' is sounding good my man.(y)

JP - That is one 'full on in yer face' tone there!!!!!:eek: Very Floydy. Excellent playing sir.(y)

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
You guys are sounding great. For whatever the reason(s), I have been avoiding doing any recording over the past month or so. Just have not had the desire, been spending most of my playing time with the Helix, looper and drum machine. Time to fire up the computer again and see if I remember how to record something(n).