Holy Guacamole!!!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Steve will be inducted into the BGU Hall of Fame because of this story.

70sRock said:
I'd like to hear the story behind the guitar.
And please hurry, I'm holding my breath in anticipation.
You're looking pretty blue, so I'll give you the condensed version. That guitar was raffled off at BGU LIVE 2012. The recipient sold the guitar(n) to a shop in St. Paul, MN, who in turn put it up for sale. A BGU member saw it online, and posted it on the forum. Steve (loslunas) wasn't going to let the guitar leave the BGU family, so he bought it. He then donated the guitar back to Griff. It has appeared in various Griff videos since. upload_2019-11-20_17-23-2.jpeg

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Congrats Steve! Thanks for welcoming me 8 years ago, your kindness, sharing your knowledge on various subjects, your humor, and most of all, treating me as a friend even though we have never met. Here’s to you my friend!:Beer:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
The first time I met Steve in person was at BGU Live 2011... but prior to that we communicated via messages on the forum about him coming to the event...

He wasn't going to even come... but we talked him into it...

He wasn't going to play on stage... but we got him up there....

As the years went down he said he wasn't going to solo... he has taken a few of them now...

I'm pretty sure he said he wasn't gonna sing at some point... and yeah, he's done that too...

And this last October he led an entire band full of of through "Sympathy For The Devil," complete with backup singers... and maybe he wishes he hadn't done that :)

Steve, I'm sure I can speak for many of us when we say it just wouldn't be the same without you. Here's to at least 10 more :Beer: