Hobbies

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Rebuilding old motorcycles & quads. Today I bought a 1962 Plymouth Valiant 2 door hard top. very rare car that I get to try my skills out on.
Really looking forward to it.+ Bass fishing,+ shooting pocket billiards. (pool).
Probably need to add drinking beer in there too.

Last edited:

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
To others that are into it, my username gives away my main hobby. I've cut back over the past few years but I've been pretty heavily involved with a certain brand of Italian motorcycle for about 25 years now. Other than that I play around with our dogs (two golden retrievers) and generally try to stay out of trouble.

lola

Blues Newbie
I used to be a custom jewelry maker but that went the way of the wind as soon as I picked up guitar. I will see if I can dig up a few pictures!

I garden but my heart is not in it.

My life is guitar, family and work. Yes, in that order! Guitar has helped me to regain stability in my life! I eat, breathe and sleep guitar!

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
For me, when I zm not holding a guitar, I am either on motorcycles , or shooting guns...............

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Along with learning blues guitar (and harp), I take pictures, target shoot, and restore antique radios. My next project is to digitize a 16mm documentary my dad shot in the early 60's and trying to re-assemble his editing.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Hmmm...

I buy lots of houses and give them away... Gotta keep the local housing market going...

I keep several local attorney's employed (always sad to see a lawyer in the unemployment line) - along with guitar builders (mostly at Music-Man, but other builders too)...

I have young kids to spank (4yo daughter and 7yo son)...

Used to reload ammunition and compete at tactical pistol shooting, but haven't for several years... Would like to get back into that sometime.

Used to be a MONSTER at long distance running (100+ mile races) but only running a handful of miles at a time now and that's probably enough to stay healthy (as there's *nothing* healthy about running 100 mile races).

Once in a while I show up to the office and pretend to do some managing - that pretty much counts as a "hobby" these days. :)

Kevin

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Nice looking jewelry there Lola, is the ring sand cast, lost wax, or fabricated? I see a lot Scandanevhing (spelt wrong) influence in it. I built jewelry
to supplement my college. Loved it but don't do it anymore.

burlew

Blues Junior
Hmmm...

I buy lots of houses and give them away... Gotta keep the local housing market going...

I keep several local attorney's employed (always sad to see a lawyer in the unemployment line) - along with guitar builders (mostly at Music-Man, but other builders too)...

I have young kids to spank (4yo daughter and 7yo son)...

Used to reload ammunition and compete at tactical pistol shooting, but haven't for several years... Would like to get back into that sometime.

Used to be a MONSTER at long distance running (100+ mile races) but only running a handful of miles at a time now and that's probably enough to stay healthy (as there's *nothing* healthy about running 100 mile races).

Once in a while I show up to the office and pretend to do some managing - that pretty much counts as a "hobby" these days. :)

Kevin

You're a busy guy !

Does the U.S. economy know and appreciate the contribution you make?

I mean, for example, if you stopped getting divorced, the whole country could go broke !

db

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Along with learning blues guitar (and harp), I take pictures, target shoot, and restore antique radios. My next project is to digitize a 16mm documentary my dad shot in the early 60's and trying to re-assemble his editing.

I actually did that recently. At first, I used a fridge box, made a door, a white board at the end, played the 16mm on it and used a digital vide recored to record it. The next one I took to camera west and they did it for me

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I actually did that recently. At first, I used a fridge box, made a door, a white board at the end, played the 16mm on it and used a digital vide recored to record it. The next one I took to camera west and they did it for me

I've done that for some shorter home movies but this one I am having digitized professionally. There are about ten 400' 16mm reels of camera original, an edited B&W work print, and my dad's edit notes and timecard. The goal is to re-create an edited version in color HD and to add a soundtrack. It's a chance to apply the 2 semesters I spent in college as a film major before changing to something more sensible.

Annie

On my way
I have a Greenhouse and Herb Garden. I love Vegan Cooking since I cant do Dairy Products. A lot of my time is spent taking care of my special needs Brother. I take care of all his shopping, business affairs and coordinate with his caregivers. All the rest of the time I am playing guitar and trying not to neglect my husband.:love: