Hobbies

James77

Student of the Blues
We all love the guitar and the blues. But what's some of y'all's other hobbies? I'm pretty big on horses myself.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
I volunteer with 2 vetran groups, one dog rescue, and teach beginner guitar to seniors. I am an avid reader. About 3 to 5 books a week. Listen to lots of Blues or watch Blues videos. The rest of the time is taken up by life in general.:)

James77

Student of the Blues
I volunteer with 2 vetran groups, one dog rescue, and teach beginner guitar to seniors. I am an avid reader. About 3 to 5 books a week. Listen to lots of Blues or watch Blues videos. The rest of the time is taken up by life in general.:)

Sounds fun!!!!

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I like camping, it let's me play guitar for all that will listen and if I turn it up, all will! It's like playing for "Fish in a Barrel"!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well, a few years ago (before my knees & hips gave it up) I used to play hockey.
Now I cook, play guitar and complain.
Marsha thinks that complaining is my primary function.

artyman

Fareham UK
Ah yes hobbies I remember a time when I used to race sailing dinghies, paint, do some photography, build model railways, seems these days since retiring playing guitar leaves me no time for such luxuries.

deejaid

Blues Junior
I used to play a lot of golf and hockey. I started playing guitar once my first kid was born to give me a stay at home hobby.

Now its mostly gardening, woodworking, and guitar.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Model Railroading, (Z, N, HO (American and Marklin), O, and 1 gauge (Marklin), photography, audio recording, video recording (I worked for AMPEX for 15 years!), Amateur Radio, woodworking (since I was 3, thanks to my grandpa), playing over a dozen different musical instruments (many styles of playing and types of music), reading, languages (I speak the American form of English, not to be confused with the original form :unsure:, Spanish (Castilian) and German, with a bit of Irish Gaelic) , exercising, gardening, and cooking. I am sure that I forgot something! :)

Tom

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Music is my main hobby, I have a demanding job and a family that take most of the rest
Thank goodness I don't watch TV. I hike with the family and I love to do digital art stuff on the computer (I do all the artwork for our band).
Oh I and home brew too, but I don't drink much so I probably don't brew more than twice or thrice a year.

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
I have a wife and a yacht... That, together with my guitars, keeps me busy more than 24 hours a day.
And I'm no pensionado yet :sneaky:

P.S.: Everyone who owns a yacht knows how much time it costs to keep it tidy and seaworthy. :D

sloslunas

NM Blues
I have a wife and a yacht... That, together with my guitars, keeps me busy more than 24 hours a day.

P.S.: Everyone who owns a yacht knows how much time it costs to keep it tidy and seaworthy. :D
My hat is off to you sir...lots of work! For those of you that don't know, he has also been a veeeery generous supporter of this forum. I only wish to meet him in person one day to shake his hand. Well okay, maybe play some music and spill a few beers, but the Dutchman is at the top of my list for people to meet!!

Steve

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

I live on my boat about six months out of the year.
I understand the effort and the expense.