Hideaway Blues

E

Emilio

Hello all

The barre chords lessons at the end of BBG are killing me, so I decided to go back to Hideaway Blues. There are a few little mistakes, and I have to say I found this piece to be much more forgiving on my acoustic, but I don’t have my own Mic, so I thought I would have a go on my Vintage reissue Strat.

I would be interested to know if others on this forum find this solo style of blues harder to play on elcetric

http://www.4shared.com/file/150007406/f8c38f67/Hideaway_Blues_Strat.html

Gear:

57 RI Stratocaster – between bridge an Middle pickup on my 5 way switch
Line 6 Pocket POD – Line 6 AMP emulation on the clean channel

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Sounds real good to me, nice job Emi.

I haven't got to this piece yet but generally speaking I find everything harder on acoustic!

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Very well done Emi.  I don't have BBG so haven't gotten a chance to play that one, but I really enjoyed listening to your rendition.  I'd love to hear you do it on acoustic.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Really nice job Emi! I 'm gonna have to borrow your settings on the Strat and Pod , and give that one another try. I love the sound that you were able to achieve.
Mike

I

IrishRover

Very nice Emi - very smooth and it really had that shuffle feel - keep inspiring us! :cool:

J

jhagan421

Well done as always Emi
I know you are looking for constructive criticism, but I haven't played this yet so I don't know the finer points,  It has good tone and the pace is nice and even throughout.

Maybe I'll come back to this in a while and give you more feedback on the recording and on the elec vs. acoustic issue.

keep em comin.

T

Tom_Kay

Great job Emi,

I'm not even close to coming that far ,it sure sounded great to me .keep up the good work

B

bplavoie

Cool, man - you've got a completely different feel from mine, and I like it!

I actually find tunes like this just a little easier to play on the acoustic, but I'm committed to the electric right now.