Hi, I'm Randy Stinson from Indianapolis, IN.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Hy I am Black Coffee Blues from Richmond, Indiana--but now live in Arizona 52 years---we had a moderator Chuck who was from Bloomington.
You will find some friends on here. Do you have any relatives that lived in Richmond. I knew a few Stinson's---Been along time but a name might spark my memory.

Randy

Blues Newbie
Thanks to everyone who said hi back. I used to live in Arizona years ago. My adult children still do, so I visit as often as I can. I don’t have any relatives in Richmond. I’m originally from Vincennes. I drank beer for 2 years in Bloomington while giving Indiana University my money. They asked me not to return. Lol. I eventually finished. I’m recently a recently retired mental health therapist who specialized in addiction and trauma. My license expires soon and I have no intention to renew it. I started playing guitar when I was in high school over 50 years ago. I stopped playing guitar when I finished high school and was lucky enough to be chosen for military service and to be chosen again to go to far off lands and meet new and exciting people and shoot them. It wasn’t quite as bad as that, but we had some interesting moments. So fast forward and a few years ago I thought I would like to try playing guitar again and bought a very inexpensive acoustic. That didn’t last very long. Not long thereafter I decided I wanted to play some lead blues after listening to Clapton. Two years ago or so I discovered Griff and I liked his teaching style. So I would pop in and out and pick up this or that and used my extensive experience from CASE University (Copy And Steal Everything) to just kinda make things my own. Or more accurately, I play what makes me happy. I’m old enough to know I might suck this morning (a bad guitar day) and play fairly well this afternoon. I’ve gone through tube amps and a variety of pedals and pretty much hit upon an amp setting and stick with it.

Im open to questions. I’ll be attending the Live Jam Event in McKinney in June. Which should be interesting because I have never played in front of an audience before. At home I use headphones. But more on my insecurities later.
Good night all.
Randy