Hi from John in NC

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Really excited to get started here. Became a guitar player at age 10 on Sunday February 9, 1964 when the Beatles played on Ed Sullivan (pretty much dates me). Played ever since, almost all acoustic since about 14. Got serious about structured practice several years ago and been at it since January 2017. Got back into electric about a year and a half ago. Been on Justinguitar and Texasbluesalley. Heard the blues in a dive bar when I was like 15, didn’t know what it was then, but totally hooked since.

Cheers!

artyman

Fareham UK
Welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, take a wander down to the basement and hang out with us in the Virtual Jam Room, you have to provide your own beer though :Beer:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
What's shakin @JohnDX ? Welcome aboard. Where are you located in NC? There are a number of us in the Carolinas. I'm about halfway between Fayetteville and Wilmington.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi John welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been really seriously at it for a long time. Looking forward to your insights.

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
It’s been good. I’m at BGU 2.0. Lesson 11-2 hit home. Minor Blues. I’ve been playing that progression forever. The embellishments and chord sequences in that segment are a new level. The stuff in 11-3 I’ve been doing forever but 11-2. Thanks. Haven’t even finished 11 yet because of 11-2!