Hey there...

Morogan

Blues Newbie
I'm new to Griff's site and forum, but I've been around music for 40+ years or so, primarily as an upper-brass player (trumpet/flugelhorn) but also dabbling on keyboard. After a move to the Baltimore area about 30 years ago, I developed an interest in guitar since I really couldn't find any bands in this area that needed brass. I have since learned to do almost all my own luthier work and wrote articles on guitar setups for the forum of one of Taylor Guitars' demonstration artists. I'm also an electrical engineer "in real life", and I've helped a few pedal companies improve their designs and designed a few alternative wiring configurations for various guitars.

I wrote all that not to brag, but to point out that for actually playing none of that stuff is useful. I'm still a below average player, and my improv skills stink. In fact, I think I've been an intermediate player for the last 10 years. I don't really have time to take local lessons, and most of the people around here are more into other genres of guitar anyway. After a long search, I stumbled on Griff and after just a few videos knew I'd finally found something I could stick with which is at least half the battle of improving. I'm looking forward to buckling down and finally making some real progress to get over this perpetual hump I've been on.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome to the forum Nicholas. That's quite a CV you have.:) You'll go down well in the 'Gear Talk' section!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Have fun learning them blues.(y)

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Nicholas! Good to have you with us!! You should take to Griff's teaching as with your knowledge of playing brass you understand "counting".......... That's a big big plus! :Beer: