Here we go with the logins again

Discussion in 'Forum Techie Questions And Suggestions' started by Crossroads, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Crossroads

Crossroads Thump the Bottom

I was fine for a couple of months @Griff and starting yesterday noticed getting logged out of everything again.

Anyone else getting this?

This usually goes on for a month or two. :eek:

2. steve o

steve o Blues Junior

Knock on wood, I’ve been fine for 2 months now. Before that it happened for the previous 2 months. I never had the problem the previous 9 years on the forum and it just started. Nothing had changed with my phone, provider, internet connection, it just started happening. 2 months later, once again nothing had changed, and it stopped, I’ve stayed logged in. What a pain in the *ss. Hopefully constantly getting signed out won’t keep happening too long for you!:mad:

3. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

That's strange, because @Griff has said that there is a cron job that runs to log off users. I don't understand how you could stay on in the first place.

4. Griff

Griff Chief Cook And Bottle Washer
    Staff Member

Clearly, I don't understand much at all about how this works...

I think it's safe to say that, at this point, I cannot control auto-logout behavior and if you're one of the lucky/unlucky ones you have my sympathies :)

Crossroads likes this.
  5. steve o

steve o Blues Junior

i don’t know, techie stuff is beyond me. 99% of the time I visit the forum on my phone. If I do happen to visit the forum on my PC, I have to sign back on the next time I visit the forum on my phone. Other than that, I stay logged in on my phone, which is awesome and up until about 4 months ago, that’s how it has been for the last 9 years. It was an irritating 2 months. For the last couple of months, it went back to how it used to be, life is good. No changes have been made to my phone, service, etc. I don’t know why but I’m just thankful I’m presently staying logged in (I’m lazy:().