Here We Go Again

arock

Help! I'm a rock
My band, Bad Decisions finally got back together to rehearse last week after not playing together in nearly 6 months. Last paying gig was March 7th, then 2 weeks later we participated in a benefit. Shortly thereafter, like most of the country, businesses like the bars where we normally play went into shutdown mode. I did get together with the bass player at a park back in June. We went over a few new songs, played acoustically for a while, but that was it. So, it was good to get back with the guys. Our bass player is still holding out due to Covid-19 concerns, and says he doesn't see playing out for at least several more months. I can't fault him. Everyone has their own level of tolerance. In the meantime we are using a fill-in bass player. He is really good, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him wind up in the band as our new bass guy, although he is in 2 other bands. Hope not, but the band is moving on. Competition for gigs is fierce where I live. Places here are starting to want music again, and we have a gig already booked for November 7th. The band is fortunate to have a great practice space which makes it easy to social distance for rehearsals, but I will admit to some concerns over gigging. I definitely have a plan in place to try to stay safe, such as wearing a mask during load in and out, and in between sets, hanging outside between sets, sanitizing hands, etc. All in all it is good to be making music again!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Nice to here that. Everything here is still closed down, I almost wonder if they will ever reopen-they took a brutal beating since March and I know there billfolds ain't that deep. By the way I like the name of your band. "Bad Decisions" oh how I can relate.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Nice to here that. Everything here is still closed down, I almost wonder if they will ever reopen-they took a brutal beating since March and I know there billfolds ain't that deep. By the way I like the name of your band. "Bad Decisions" oh how I can relate.
I hear you. No one makes it to our age without making Bad Decisions. Wtf, I still make them! They just aren't as life-altering as they once were.