Hendrix Flavored track in C#

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I was amazed to see the Jump Blues track go from start to finish in less than 48 hours. I really figured it would scare a lot of people off. I'm glad it didn't!

Anyhow, here's something in a completely different vein. This isn't a 12 bar, but it shouldn't give anyone a problem, The changes are pretty well cued by the backing instruments. It runs slightly over 7 minutes.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/clean/BluesRock-HendrixStyleInCSharp.mp3

Try out your fuzz pedal. Have fun with this one!

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I was amazed to see the Jump Blues track go from start to finish in less than 48 hours. I really figured it would scare a lot of people off. I'm glad it didn't!

Anyhow, here's something in a completely different vein. This isn't a 12 bar, but it shouldn't give anyone a problem, The changes are pretty well cued by the backing instruments. It runs slightly over 7 minutes.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/clean/BluesRock-HendrixStyleInCSharp.mp3

Try out your fuzz pedal. Have fun with this one!
Hmmm
went back to download the track and I end up on your Fuzzypink page

Elwood

Blues
I'll give this a try.

If I'm not done before too long I'll just come back and free up the thread.

Recorded

From Cap'n rendering his capable and tasty entry (snuck in SSOYL ha) then leaving this in trusted hands at 1:38.... until I gave up @ 2:42 I used a bit of track here. Came out real lumpy but after hanging the board up for an hour plus, I figured ya'll deserve a chuckle.

Someone paid no attention during the Hendrix lesson...:(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snc3l0yumewdtqy/jimimotoelwood.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I'll give this a try.

If I'm not done before too long I'll just come back and free up the thread.

Recorded

From Cap'n rendering his capable and tasty entry (snuck in SSOYL ha) then leaving this in trusted hands at 1:38.... until I gave up @ 2:42 I used a bit of track here. Came out real lumpy but after hanging the board up for an hour plus, I figured ya'll deserve a chuckle.

Someone paid no attention during the Hendrix lesson...:(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaqy9p24kgltp8u/jimimotoelwood.wav?dl=0
One suggestion for us high speed internet challenged folks, save your finished version in an mp3 format instead of .wav. Just makes it quicker to download and used less data. Believe it or not, there are still some parts of this great country lacking in high speed service:mad::mad::mad:.

Elwood

Blues
Ted, gimme a minute (or how long it takes me) and I should ??? edit my post. No harm done if you just pick up from Cap'n though. Gimme a couple..and thanks! Yesterday I played way better but committed le grand faux pas, today I am a formatski and I play like one. Right back

WooHoo!!! There ya go. Now I just have to remember for the future....

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
One suggestion for us high speed internet challenged folks, save your finished version in an mp3 format instead of .wav. Just makes it quicker to download and used less data. Believe it or not, there are still some parts of this great country lacking in high speed service:mad::mad::mad:.
I hear that, for years my service was though a wireless network and a hot spot box.....SLOW!!!!
I just recently stepped up to some real speed.......I'm digg'n it.

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Cap, more like "somebody get Jimi outta that jazz"...:). I almost wanted to duet the last few notes of yours but I am trying to tread lightly and observe. Also, there was no way I could I tried to get close to your tone at least at the start but I came away realizing there is another opportunity for frustration, and then to get the level set so that it doesn't sound like a guy playing in the garage with a boom box. You sure helped to at least have different problems :) recording.
Papa told me once that the "red light fever" takes getting used to. Even once I said i was "recording" I had a change of mental state (I get the need for it) so at the same time I need to be efficient and considerate of time of others,I have to chill out!?!??
My file format was the default, but I totally get it. I am on fibre, not the uber fast but still. So, it is easy to be clumsy and send out big files. This is a good reminder for me with other files too. Otherwise, if I want to get the jump on Ted in the meanwhile...hmmmmm :)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks Cap, more like "somebody get Jimi outta that jazz"...:). I almost wanted to duet the last few notes of yours but I am trying to tread lightly and observe. Also, there was no way I could I tried to get close to your tone at least at the start but I came away realizing there is another opportunity for frustration, and then to get the level set so that it doesn't sound like a guy playing in the garage with a boom box. You sure helped to at least have different problems :) recording.
Papa told me once that the "red light fever" takes getting used to. Even once I said i was "recording" I had a change of mental state (I get the need for it) so at the same time I need to be efficient and considerate of time of others,I have to chill out!?!??
My file format was the default, but I totally get it. I am on fibre, not the uber fast but still. So, it is easy to be clumsy and send out big files. This is a good reminder for me with other files too. Otherwise, if I want to get the jump on Ted in the meanwhile...hmmmmm :)
It took me quite a while to build up enough nerve to jump into the VJR.
I have to tell you, I believe next to live experience it's a pretty good way to improve your chops.
"Red light fever" Ha...I suffered form that for about a year. You'll get over it!

About Jimi tone, I wish I could get closer to his style, that would go a long way to helping sound like him.
In the mean time, dialing up some wet reverb/delay can give you that big stadium sound.
Add some fuzz & O/D and you're transported to Woodstock.
Kick on the Wah and you're "Experienced":cool:
I'm quite sure somebody here will deliver some real good Jimi and probably make my noise sound pathetic.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

I am going to follow Elwoods original take, If we step on each others toes, we'll figure it out.

Here is what I came up with (2:42 to 4:43). Sorry, I took up quite a bit of the track. Just never seemed like a good place to stop until the break at 4:43. I also tried a little different recording technique this time. Laid down the original take then duplicated it to a second track. Since I record my solo's dry, I can go back after recording and change the Helix preset to anything I want. I have the original preset in the left side (16%) and a totally different preset in the right side (16%). I think it came out ok but I'll let you guys be the judge of that:whistle::whistle::whistle:.

Hendrix Inspired in C# Moto-Elwood-TZ

Last edited: