Help with a new guitar purchase

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I would simply buy the highest level of Gibson or PRS for the money in your budget. Gibson or PRS? Which ever one you like best or can get the best deal within the time frame you would like to acquire one. Good luck!! :Beer:

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
I own/have owned several Kiesel (formerly Carvin) guitars. You can order a nice one for the upper end of your price range and be able to pick your body wood, neck wood, fretboard wood, inlay type, pickups, etc. Most models come standard with a 14-inch radius, but you can order a 12 or 20 inch on some models. I have ordered all of mine with tung oiled necks for the very same reason you are complaining about. I don't like sticky gloss necks, either. My guitars with the tung oiled necks are so smooth they feel like silk under my hands. I love the necks on my Kiesels. If you don't want to wait around for a custom shop, they always have several prebuilt ones in stock that you can order.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
The high end of your price range should get you a good used Gibson LP Traditional; that may also be your most economical option as you won't be back looking for another guitar in a year or so.