Hello from NW IL

Jim_Schmidt

Blues Newbie
Hi all,

I'm posting here for the first time. I'm not really sure how I ended up here, but I found Griff's teaching somehow or other and think it's great. The all access pass is a real steal.

Bit of bio: been playing since 16, so I guess that makes (gulp) 42 years or so. Grew up on country, gospel, and folk, but of course, later rock and blues. Been trying to play lead since about 2005, but I'd say I'm intermediate at best. Been in a couple bands, one that gigged regularly between 2012 and 2017.

I ran across the Virtual Jam Room part of the forum, and I'm very interested in that. Hope to contribute at some point. I want to get my blues chops more up to speed to maybe go to some jams.

Anyway, glad to be here. So much to learn.

jim

P.S. there appears to be another Jim Schmidt on here (hence the underscore). I'm weary of online nicknames so I decided to go real this time.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Jim and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, look forward to seeing you in the VJR

Jim_Schmidt

Blues Newbie
Thanks everybody. And yeah, we're about 30 miles from Galena. Get out there once a month or so for IPAs and music at Galena Brewing. Also on the beer and music front, if there's anyone from southern Wisconsin around here, Bullquarian Brewing in Monroe is starting up a blues jam twice a month.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Welcome Jim. Looking forward to your posts, questions, comments. The VJR is a great place. I need
to get back to it.