Hello from Northern Michigan

KirkJohnston

Northern Michigan
Hi all,

I am just returning to playing guitar after not even picking one up in over 35 years. I did some blues and rock back in my high school days, but after that, life kind of got in the way and just did not play. My focus is really just on learning to play the blues, I had bought a couple of beginning DVD guitar courses, which are OK, but then I discovered Griff's Blues Unleashed course, and WOW, what a big difference. Look forward to being involved with all.

Kirk

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Hi Kirk, welcome. Happy to have another member of the "Michigan Delegation" to BGU. tommytubetone is hosting a major BGU jam next year in Kalamazoo so it'd be great to have you come down. I'm in Detroit and Port Huron myself.

Eric

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome!
Your's is a familiar story.
Seems like Griff cracked the formula on how to revitalize all us old guys who used to be high school superstars.
Have fun.:)

KirkJohnston

Northern Michigan
By Northern Michigan do you mean the upper peninsula....or just northern Michigan? Just curious...I was born and raised in southern Michigan. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the welcome. I am in the Gaylord area, moved here over 20 years ago from the metro Detroit area. Grew up outside Ann Arbor, South Lyon to be exact. Spent a lot of time in my late teens and twenties at a bar in Ann Arbor called the Second Chance. Listened to some great bands there, including Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Jr. Walker, etc, etc,

Kirk

KirkJohnston

Northern Michigan
Hi Kirk, welcome. Happy to have another member of the "Michigan Delegation" to BGU. tommytubetone is hosting a major BGU jam next year in Kalamazoo so it'd be great to have you come down. I'm in Detroit and Port Huron myself.

Eric
Thank you, and I would love to make that, good to make the Michigan connections.

Kirk

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Lansing Michigan and East Lansing says welcome. I have been trapped down in Cleveland area ha ha almost fifty years now but stepmom in Okemos and cousins in Detroit.

I graduated junior high aka middle school in Ann Arbor.

Griff has a great system just time to practice now and see ya next year at Tommys jam!