Hello from Melbourne

B_Nic

Blues Newbie
Hi, Ben from Melbourne, Australia. Early 40's and been playing guitar for a couple of years now, decided to learn something new and constructive and stop myself from just sitting in front of the tv after putting the young kids to bed. Didn't realise how much fun it would be, wish I started earlier.

Always liked all types of music, didn't matter what it was as long as it sounded good to me. Rock, punk, alternative, country, electronic, even rap I have songs I love. Since playing guitar though I've found myself really getting into the blues. Listening to guys like Freddie King, Lightning Hopkins, Hubert Sumlin with Howlin Wolf, all I want to do when picking up the guitar is learn and play the blues. Came across some of Griff's youtube videos and now here I am, starting BGU and hopefully a lifetime of blues guitar.

artyman

Fareham UK
Welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch on here with plenty of good advice and encouragement, and Griff's tuition is the best, you are welcome to come and join some of us delinquents down in the Virtual Jam Room, which can be found at the bottom of the forum.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Ben,
Good to have you along for the ride.
You've found a great teacher, now all you have to do is get at it.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Hi Ben and welcome. I am over in NSW not too far from Canberra. You will definitely get a lot out of BGU.