Hello from Fairbanks Alaska

Nomadic Dan

Blues Newbie
I just wanted to introduce myself finally. I have had the all access pass for a few months but didn't get around to using this resource until now. I have tried many different ways to learn guitar, blues specifically, and have found I am having great success using these lessons. So, hi everyone, I'm happy to be here.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Welcome Danny. I had a good friend from Fairbanks, Alaska, named John Foster, whom I met while in the Air Force in 1963. We spent many hours playing chess, while enjoying all that Biloxi, Mississippi had to offer. John was an Alaskan Indian, and an outstanding person. My neighbor who lived across the street from us in San Francisco, who was my school mate, was from Fairbanks. He was also an Alaskan Indian. His name was Russell Axel. Our families were very close.

Tom .

Elwood

Blues
Hi Danny, welcome!!! You may be the first here from Squareba..., eh, Fairbanks. (I spent some time in Anchorage :D) Downtown on the Chena, I can't remember if it's First or Main that runs right along the river there...you ever hear of a place called Chilcoot Charlies? A good place to not be. Used to be a live music dive. This time of year you go blind when you leave the bar right?
Poke around the site, lots of fun stuff and very good folks eager to help when they can.(y)

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the clan Danny.
Griff is a great teacher and the men and women here on the forum are a big help too.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Dan! I have a friend down in Anchorage that has a band called the Jangle Bees. You should check them out (It's only a 6 hour drive right? LOL Ok, try them on YouTube). They aren't Blues, but my friend Emi lived here in Texas for a while and I like to think I rekindled her desire for music.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Dan! I made it to Fairbanks once on a vacation. My girlfriend had us go to the Harley "Farthest North Outpost" to get her co-worker a t-shirt. I still got mine!

IMG_3675.jpg

You found a great place to learn Blues guitar. Griff may be the best blues guitar teacher on the planet!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.