Hello from Cloverdale, California

Ralph Sellite

Blues Chaser
Howdy folks,

Ralph Sellite here, hailing from Cloverdale, Ca.

I picked up the guitar for the first time 2004 at the age of 36 and half-heartedly played the instrument for about eight years, learning the basic chords and basic strumming patterns but never really advancing much past the advanced beginner level, maybe stretching into early intermediate, then I put the instrument down until April of 2017 when I decided, just before my 49th birthday to finally take the guitar seriously.
I hunkered down and sought out guitar instructor, after a few months, and several instructors, I settled on a gentleman who taught me some blues rhythm essentials, but the wanderlust was on me and I was unsure of what style of guitar I wanted to learn, so I went back and forth on the internet trying to learn different songs in the rock genre, but to my dismay, although I loved to listen to those songs, I found I didn't really enjoy playing them. I felt always being drawn back to playing the blues. Unfortunately, I was never able to find a concise site dedicated to blues guitar until recently when I found blues guitar unleashed, and here I am, hoping to get a grip on this excellent musical genre! Looking forward to learning a bunch!

Cheers!