Hello from Arizona

Robb H

Blues Newbie
I'm Robb and have been "playing" for about two years. Well, practicing is more like it. I am several lessons into the Strumming and Rhythm Mastery course and just joined the All Access. I'm trying to figure out where exactly to start. I have both an electric and acoustic. I'm thinking both BGU 2.0 and Acoustic Unleashed. I'm retired, in my 60s and seem to have slow, uncoordinated hands and fingers. Takes me forever to learn something well. Oh, and I can't sing and play unless I just play four downbeats.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

Since you got the AAP, I'd do what Mark mentioned and take a look at BBG. You might find you already know everything in it and breeze through it, or you might find that there are some gaps in your knowledge, and it'll fill those in. From there, I'd recommend hitting BGU 2.0 as it's Griff's flagship course and covers a little of all things blues. If you go to the Playing on the Porch lessons in it, those give you an idea of what's covered in ABGU. Either way, you can't go wrong with BGU or ABGU. They're both great courses with overlap in them.

Robb H

Blues Newbie
Thank you. I just opened it up and checked out the titles. I will start there. I do "know" some of that stuff but I'm sure I'll find many things I either don't know or cannot do and work it up.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Robb and welcome from one of the UK mob, a great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, so make yourself at home. I can usually be found hanging out in the Virtual Jam Room, a great place to dip your toe in the water without any danger.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the Clan Robb.
I had to check your post to be sure I didn't write it. There are several of us in a similar place and even more who have been there.
Good to have you here.
:Beer:

Robb H

Blues Newbie
Hi Robb and welcome from one of the UK mob, a great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, so make yourself at home. I can usually be found hanging out in the Virtual Jam Room, a great place to dip your toe in the water without any danger.[/

I haven't yet seen the virtual jam room. Are stalkers welcome? LOL

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome Robb, enjoy your journey, and yes you're welcome to stalk the VJR and leave a comment, as well

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the Forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Robb!
You've gotten great advice above so I won't add anything except: Welcome to the Forum.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Robb. The advice to start with BBG is great as it can be done with acoustic or electric (or both) and allows you have the foundation to branch out.